Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see somebody still takes scabooshka seriously.
STM automotive line is designed in 650V packaging.
Tesla is using something like STTW100N65G2AG.
these components are not sold on open market. Other companies which actually requested to design this line in the first place are european companies. Yeah, it's the same club. There is nothing "Chinese" to look for. And yeah, Malaysia doesn't produce anything for STM. They assemble-package components. Cristals in question are baked in Italy using european mixes.
Tesla is the first company using this line. Does anybody believe they didn't arrange exclusive rights for early client?
How many times do you have to step in the same sh&t to stop taking seriously this silly FUD?

Pretty much all electronics manufacturer with scale would have custom part number that isn’t sourceable in open market.

Tesla volume is drop in a bucket.

Although I don’t like the trolling nature of your posts in the last few days and don’t know if you are legit, some advice: until you sell your stock it is only a loss on paper. We will get back over 355 again, but it may take a few months or more. Just be patient and don’t blame Elon. He is trying to do what is best for the company but also for the small investors. We are each responsible for our own actions and cannot blame anyone but ourselves.

If someone really has it in their heart to sell at 355, then can write covered calls in the meantime

• Informative
Reactions: jw934
It is difficult to know what exactly happened there. Aljaazera has an interview with Arash Massoudi from FT, who initially broke the story about the Saudi interest and that gives some insight into at least his (most bearish) view on Tesla and Elon Musk:

Elon Musk, Tesla and the Saudi connection

Like other investors here, I am quite happy that Elon Musk gave up on the go-private deal when he say who was offering to buy in on it. And this in spite of the fact that I significantly increased my portfolio during the days following the 420 tweet.

Well that calls into question the original article too then. I stopped reading your linked article above when I read this:

There's no indication that Tesla will turn a profit anytime soon. It's burning cash at a phenomenal rate. It can barely produce a couple thousand cars a year, it can't keep up with demand from consumers, and so there's no sign of profitability in the foreseeable future.

Perhaps it’s not only the spotlight, may be its Elon Ego. Over promise and under deliver.

I would be really interested to see when Tesla offers true autonomy on the 2.0 hardware. Because anyone who work in this field would tell you that the amount of compute bandwidth, lack of redundancy in sensor suite. There is no way that the 2.0 hardware will work. So how much Tesla will need to spent to correct that will be interesting to watch.

The difference between Jobs and Musk. It one will listen (but not give you credit). One that won’t listen and bullish went his way. I liked Elon ambition and aggressiveness. Tesla wouldn’t be where it is today without him. But to take Tesla to next level, Musk doesn’t have the humility to do that. Everywhere Tesla can cut corner, they did. Take the model 3 screen for example. Using an industrial LG panel vs a true automotive grade (ASIL requirement for reliability).

I wish Tesla well. But will never buy one simply I know better.

A newcomer wrapped in short clothing, wrapped in ‘Elon sucks’, wrapped in long clothing’, wrapped in ‘I know better’.

Sorry, that was unkind. Welcome!

Perhaps it’s not only the spotlight, may be its Elon Ego. Over promise and under deliver.

I would be really interested to see when Tesla offers true autonomy on the 2.0 hardware. Because anyone who work in this field would tell you that the amount of compute bandwidth, lack of redundancy in sensor suite. There is no way that the 2.0 hardware will work. So how much Tesla will need to spent to correct that will be interesting to watch.

The difference between Jobs and Musk. It one will listen (but not give you credit). One that won’t listen and bullish went his way. I liked Elon ambition and aggressiveness. Tesla wouldn’t be where it is today without him. But to take Tesla to next level, Musk doesn’t have the humility to do that. Everywhere Tesla can cut corner, they did. Take the model 3 screen for example. Using an industrial LG panel vs a true automotive grade (ASIL requirement for reliability).

I wish Tesla well. But will never buy one simply I know better.
They won't. True autonomy will require another hardware upgrade.
I am too lazy to search but Tesla's representatives have discussed it somewhere, also the way how they intend to do it just a month or so ago.
Do you know actually what ASIL stays for? Reliability lol.
And in which "Fremont" do you live really?

Reactions: Boomer19
A newcomer wrapped in short clothing, wrapped in ‘Elon sucks’, wrapped in long clothing’, wrapped in ‘I know better’.

Sorry, that was unkind. Welcome!

I don’t own any TSLA stock.

Just happened to know a lot more :). Silicon Valley is a small fraternity:).

Elon doesn’t suck. But he doesn’t have the humility to know when he is wrong.

Autopilot HW is a good example where he backtracked :). But I applaud him making the decision to make his own processors. Because it’s the right thing to do. But still making claim back in March that all of 2.0 car will be fully autonomous was a farce.

I am too lazy to search but Tesla's representatives have discussed it somewhere, also the way how they intend to do it just a month or so ago.

Fine, I have AP2.0 and didn't pay for FSD when I bought the car as I didn't have the cash lying around and didn't want to load-up the lease even more. I intend to get it once it becomes a thing and whether I have to pay €5300 as currently shown (which may not be quite right) or €7000 including a new GPU, doesn't really make any difference.

I thought I knew better once, too. Then I bought and drove a Tesla for the first time (yes, I never test drove a Tesla.)

I can say for certain that, yes, I now truly know better. In fact, a Tesla is better in every way conceivable compared to all other cars I've owned in over 50 years of driving.

Perhaps those who think they know better, who don't own a Tesla, should stop being like an ostrich and pull their head out of their... hole in the ground, and see the light. It's a beautiful thing.

Autopilot HW is a good example where he backtracked :). But I applaud him making the decision to make his own processors. Because it’s the right thing to do. But still making claim back in March that all of 2.0 car will be fully autonomous was a farce.

Wasn't a fact and isn't yet proven to be untrue. It was a statement based on what they knew at the time.

And for all we know, a year from now, they might say AP3.0 isn't powerful enough either, but we've a new chip 1000000 faster then the current one, that'll do it.

It's nascent technology, still developing.

Last edited:
Just happened to know a lot more :). Silicon Valley is a small fraternity:)

And why should we should believe you are an expert and have inside knowledge?
Your statement really smacks of projection.
I have a feeling you are that person to whom you refer: you don't suck, you just don't have enough humility to know when you are wrong.

What would stop a lot of nonsense would be for Tesla to put a "How many cars be produced today" page on the website. I'd love that. I don't wee what there's be to lose really, after all we learn the figure end of the quarter anyway, would just stop all this ridiculous speculation in the meantime.
and why are you interested in this number? These numbers are useless beside Soviet Style "reporting of growing production."
Will they provide you proper estimation of company's profitability? No way.
Tesla started "Model 3 production cycle". It's way more than "700 autos per 2 shifts". It is smart for Musk and K. just to shield everything Apple style and finally hire proper "Apple" lawyers. Any number of any type is always subject for spin and "reinterpretation".

I live in Mission San Jose which is about 10 min drive from TSLA factory in Fremont.

ASIL rating is a safety requirement that includes no fail and full redundancy. For level 4 and above you will need to be ASIL D certify. In addition, the cluster itself because of safety requirement should be a minimal of ASIL D- because it safety/mission critical. That LG panel based on the data sheet I have seen isn’t.

If you look at original press back early in the year. Elon was the one claiming his 2.0 equipped vehicle was capable of fully autonomy with only software upgrade. Then couple month ago finally admit that new main compute box is needed. While it’s free of charge- you really think this is free? The money for retrofit has to come from somewhere. To do this right, it’s not going to be $3000 premium that TSLA has already charged customer. The cost for this retrofit will cost Tesla more than $3k if the intention is taking the car to Waymo level of autonomy.

That’s strange because I could have sworn I’ve heard him say a number of times over the years that he was wrong about various things.

There was the being wrong about putting too much tech into the X all at once.

There was the being wrong about how much demand S would generate per year.

There was the being wrong in trusting the supplier that messed up the Gigafactory battery line.

There was the being wrong about automation on the Model 3 ramp.

I can go on if you need more examples.

Feel free to characterize Elon, but do try and be accurate. Maybe you just don’t know what the word humble means Oh, humble person who knows more than Elon Musk.

he meant level 3. current hardware can do up level 4 "with mapping", but they decided to design next level hardware which will offer autonomy as people understand it.

What would stop a lot of nonsense would be for Tesla to put a "How many cars be produced today" page on the website. I'd love that. I don't wee what there's be to lose really, after all we learn the figure end of the quarter anyway, would just stop all this ridiculous speculation in the meantime.

Would stop the speculation about cars produced per day but wouldn’t stop the speculation of why only 200 cars today and 689 yesterday etc.... And wouldn’t stop the FUD.

That’s strange because I could have sworn I’ve heard him say a number of times over the years that he was wrong about various things.

There was the being wrong about putting too much tech into the X all at once.

There was the being wrong about how much demand S would generate per year.

There was the being wrong in trusting the supplier that messed up the Gigafactory battery line.

There was the being wrong about automation on the Model 3 ramp.

I can go on if you need more examples.

Feel free to characterize Elon, but do try and be accurate. Maybe you just don’t know what the word humble means Oh, humble person who knows more than Elon Musk.

Because you didn’t work for him.

Like I said the decision he made internally and sacrifice he decided. Isn’t kosher.

Good or bad. It doesn’t really matter to me.

Because everyone warned him and he just never listens. That is the difference between Steve and Elon. Like I said. SV is a small fraternity :). Everyone knows everyone :).

Status
Not open for further replies.