Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, the "competition" has nothing. Well... they do have graphs. That's good enough, right?

DLPV5etVoAAvtog.jpg

Ryan Felton on Twitter
"ford wants you to know as time goes right, profits go up"

When you just post a link to the Bloomberg article, the software chases the link (to put in the page title) and Bloomberg notices it came from somewhere else, and replaces the title with what you see. Instead, just type some explanatory text like this, select the text, press the hyperlink button (chain-like icon right of the font button) and paste the URL in there instead. Alternatively, cut-and-paste the actual title, then do those actions, like:
Tesla Fills Chief Accounting Officer Void With Seagate's CFO
Thanks! I will do that next time. I have seen that message on other people's posts. Now it makes sense.

My career was as a high school teacher. Students would regularly ask me if I smoked pot. I learned that the best answer was to refuse and explain. If I tell you I use pot, you will feel justified in using it if that was your inclination anyway. If I tell you I don't, you are likely to think me un-cool which can interfere with learning in my class. Since I think the information you seek will be unhelpful to you or me, I will not answer either way. Joe Rogan set Elon up by handing him a joint. By behaving honestly and taking a small puff but saying he does not find it helpful for him, he split the baby about as well as he could. I found Rogan to be actually a disappointing man-child. He was out of his depth intellectually and returned over and over to the kind of quasi intellectual/cool bro-babble that one finds among insecure undergrads and highschoolers trying to impress each other. Elon did as well as he could with the format.

I wish I could be a nobody. At least have those nobody bank accounts anyways.
Do MBA, participate on all parties and unofficial meetings.
A son of one acquaintance, who spent his last years of high school playing poker and stealing parents money is now a growing star in big financial company, MBA +legal degree are a killing combination in this world.
And it looks like it doesn't disturb anybody.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
ok,

this is the real story.

Boomer, I agree with everything you wrote except David Morton. He came in at a salary of $350k, but was also granted a $10 million equity grant payable in 4 years. The man is an accountant. The only way you walk away from that kind of money is if you a) hit the lottery b) find a beautiful, single, rich heiress to marry you, or c) realize the odds of the grant being worth staying around for 4 years are very slim.

“Since I joined Tesla on August 6th, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations,” Morton said in the filing. “This caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission, and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla’s leadership or its financial reporting.”

In plain English it means this poor guy walked into a complete "sh*t-storm". While he has no "disagreements" with Tesla's financial reporting he seemingly did not like what he saw ahead. Because otherwise, they would have had to fire him and pry him out of his office to walk away from $10 million. If the poor guy is married he probably came home to another one too! lol

Can you imagine trying to explain to your wife why you walked away from $10 million?

Maybe in 1 year we'll all look back and say: Damn that one tweet that destroyed a whole car company.
maybe cows will fly. Everything is possible. Much less is probable.

Anything significant which would come out of these two weeks of august is splitting of Tesla into Tesla Energy and Tesla Cars with Tesla Energy going private. I still think that the probability of it is rather high.

Well, it seems "they" are going after Elon's character big time. He might as well smoke pot, call someone a pedo and do anything else he can think of to get the character assassination out of the way, hopefully, then it will become boring.

I believe in Tesla and Elon as much as ever, I just cant believe that investors invest based on childish name calling. Is this really what its about? I have noticed the trolls in here recently, it seems like a paid for concerted attack. Do you guys actually work for PR companies or are you contracted out? Probably the second, how much do you earn, like $10 per hour, maybe $20?

I am up to 900 shares now, I believe in Tesla as much as I ever have, in fact more. This is a win win situation for a me. I am staying long and will add whenever opportunities like this present themselves. Either I get rich beyond my wildest dreams, or I learn that civilisation is a piece of sh$t and I become a cynic about anything and everything. In which case I will become a hermit and write romantic novels about a future in which a world runs purely on renewable energy and cars drive themselves while you watch a movie or conduct business meetings. Reality or fantasy, its the same to me.

Well, I had a tiny amount of cash sitting in my play account. With today's drop, I was able to increase my long TSLA position by 1 share.

Feels good. :)

Thanks for the inspiration - I totally forgot that I had €255 sitting in my trading account. Normally I would never buy one share due to the €30 transaction fee, but on this occasion I thought "why not" and there was just enough with the $conversion rate!

SO I now own the nice round number of 519 - plus I can claim my last buy was at 261, not 351 :oops:

Boomer, I agree with everything you wrote except David Morton. He came in at a salary of $350k, but was also granted a $10 million equity grant payable in 4 years. The man is an accountant. The only way you walk away from that kind of money is if you a) hit the lottery b) find a beautiful, single, rich heiress to marry you, or c) realize the odds of the grant being worth staying around for 4 years are very slim.

“Since I joined Tesla on August 6th, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations,” Morton said in the filing. “This caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission, and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla’s leadership or its financial reporting.”

In plain English it means this poor guy walked into a complete "sh*t-storm". While he has no "disagreements" with Tesla's financial reporting he seemingly did not like what he saw ahead. Because otherwise, they would have had to fire him and pry him out of his office to walk away from $10 million. If the poor guy is married he probably came home to another one too! lol

Can you imagine trying to explain to your wife why you walked away from $10 million?
there is a 4th reason that is much much worse. However I do agree with you in general. There is no positive way to spin this other than something where Tesla realized this guy was not as competent as they thought. Still, in his spot getting fired is still better.

IDK, not a lot of good bull theories out there for this. No one gets burned out from spreadsheets in 21 business days. *sugar* I bet he hadnt even been setup in half the systems he would need access to.

fair point. but we’ll probably never hear the real reason ...and as you stated, will have to have time to allow us to figure it out ourselves.
i’d tend to agree that it’s not a good look that he's left, whether it’s because he truly just can’t handle the sh!tshow right now, or if he didn’t think he’d last 4 years to get the bonus.

If you honestly think that article is FUD (given The Verge is a tech site with a huge amount of credibility) then you're neck-deep in fanboy land. There is not one line in that article that is factually inaccurate.

People dismissing material developments and news which is negative, are just as bad (if not worse) than those who are focusing entirely on the negative news.
That article is a joke/hitpiece. It is hugely flawed and highly inaccurate

Status
Not open for further replies.