Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll call BS on this even though you’re new here, Carebear. Morton’s reasons were simple: FUDsters too prolific with their lies and attention to *making things up*, and he didn’t like the high pressure work. I get it, I wouldn’t want to work for Tesla either, but that’s because I’m retired... if I was young and still wanted to change the world (and if I had way more skills...) different ending.

Awwww, thanks for the heartfelt-sounding advice. Even though you’re new, I’m calling you out that your post sounds way more than just a bear posing thoughtful advice. It sounds like an intelligent troll playing good cop and I’m-Your-Friend. I don’t buy it; the language is too familiar. And there’s a whole bunch of us who are REALLY tired of the trolls right now. So be warned.

Most of life is how we chose to respond. I post here infrequently because this place represents a different view point than my own. If you wish to apply some label to it ( troll fud whatever) thats on you. Personally someone elses views don't really bother me. If the moderators want to ban me, thats okay.

As for today, I am not sure how anyone can hold a meaningful position long in this stock without taking into account the real risks associated with whats going on. Does this news not effect your outlook on the company? What, if any, catalyst be needed for you to change your mind? I am genuinely curious. As a short seller, my opinion would change if the company got a new CEO and was structurally profitable on a sustained basis. I was considering covering part of my short ( at a handsome profit i might add) if they were able to report healthy demand in M3, ingoing demand, positive FCF, and start paying off the albratross of debt due in one year. The numbers are plain for all to see - 3 billion in accounts payable, short term debt of 2 billion, less than 1.3 billion in cash ( net deposits), and a bottom line burn of 700 million quarterly. You can read them on tesla's own 10q.

good luck

Most of life is how we chose to respond. I post here infrequently because this place represents a different view point than my own. If you wish to apply some label to it ( troll fud whatever) thats on you. Personally someone elses views don't really bother me. If the moderators want to ban me, thats okay.

As for today, I am not sure how anyone can hold a meaningful position long in this stock without taking into account the real risks associated with whats going on. Does this news not effect your outlook on the company? What, if any, catalyst be needed for you to change your mind? I am genuinely curious. As a short seller, my opinion would change if the company got a new CEO and was structurally profitable on a sustained basis. I was considering covering part of my short ( at a handsome profit i might add) if they were able to report healthy demand in M3, ingoing demand, positive FCF, and start paying off the albratross of debt due in one year. The numbers are plain for all to see - 3 billion in accounts payable, short term debt of 2 billion, less than 1.3 billion in cash ( net deposits), and a bottom line burn of 700 million quarterly. You can read them on tesla's own 10q.

good luck
Care bear in da house!

The First Amendment protects Financial Reporters under "Freedom of the Press" the same way that "Freedom of Religion" protects predator Priests.

Do the Crime; Due the Time.

Actually not quite. Commercial free speech is not protected to the same extent as "ideas". Also even if true commercial speech as a conspiracy to manipule or defraud is likely not protected.

Reactions: neroden

good luck

A condescending post with old sound bites that has been literally refuted dozens of times in this thread. Absolutely no information other than showing some of the personal traits of the poster.

good luck

2 more weeks your honor ;) Oct numbers come out and then earnings lets wait till then.

Something real sleazy happening with market manipulators, justice will soon be served.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, funding secured does not mean signed documents. If Elon had discussions with groups who had the ability to fund it and was convinced they were willing to do so then it was an accurate statement. If funding was lined up then shareholder vote would have been the only potential unknown, hence the word "contingent".
You are again missing the point here.

The word "contingent" is not the problem; the word "only" is the problem. It later became crystal clear, from Elon's own subsequent statements, that the stockholder vote was not the ONLY contingency, but rather one of multiple remaining contingencies.

As has been pointed out repeatedly. ;)

One thing that surprises me is that very few find it troubling that the 6000 per week guided number is no where near the reality. In fact it is just over half of that at around 3200 ish...and tracking down. If the Trend continues we are looking at March numbers by next week. I would have expected a push the last three or four weeks. Just a guess but my suspicion is a supplier of a key component is not keeping up.

Hoping that the tracker is completely out to lunch and Tesla is at 6000 threes per week at end of quarter.

good luck
I respond like this. I bought more stock.

So when you say risk associated with whats going on...what are you referring too exactly?
So as a short seller if Tesla got a new CEO you would then become a long?

What is ingoing demand?

The rest of you heartfelt concern has been dealt with over and over and...yep.... over again.

Is this too simplistic a chart to describe to people why Tesla is about to turn profitable? I was going for as simple as possible.

So a funny thing happened - I included this chart on a tweet yesterday, and then this morning Elon Musk liked it, and as of now it has had over half a million views in about 6 hours.

I will consider this my annual contribution to the bull cause.

Kirk Burgess on Twitter

$TSLA January 2021 options became available as of yesterday
I had been waiting for January 2021 calls and as soon as I noticed today I immediately switched ALL my January 2019 calls to January 2021 $400 calls
There is no way this stock will stay below $400 over the next 28 months
Shorts can try their best I’m betting everything on $400 January 2021 calls
Period

$TSLA January 2021 options became available as of yesterday
I had been waiting for January 2021 calls and as soon as I noticed today I immediately switched ALL my January 2019 calls to January 2021 $400 calls
There is no way this stock will stay below $400 over the next 28 months
Shorts can try their best I’m betting everything on $400 January 2021 calls
Period

Aren't newly listed LEAPS less frequently traded and hence can have price discrepancies ? ( thought some1 mentioned on this thread a year or so ago .. just when jan 20's were becoming available?) ....

I respond like this. I bought more stock.

So when you say risk associated with whats going on...what are you referring too exactly?
So as a short seller if Tesla got a new CEO you would then become a long?

What is ingoing demand?

The rest of you heartfelt concern has been dealt with over and over and...yep.... over again.

At the end of the day, its solvency risk - debt due at the end of the year and march 2019. The later could be paid with stock as i recall if the price is 350 or above. Quick ratio of .37, they need to garner CFO quickly. An equity raise could have helped bridge the gap, but with a DOJ investigation, this becomes more difficult.

I would become long if the business case made sense. I do not think musk is the right CEO for this company. Ironically enough if he left, the price would take a hit. I might buy after structuring if they become a buyout target, which is always possible if the price is right. I might also go long if the charts look good, even if its for a quick trade. But for now, I am hanging tight.

Aren't newly listed LEAPS less frequently traded and hence can have price discrepancies ? ( thought some1 mentioned on this thread a year or so ago .. just when jan 20's were becoming available?) ....
I had zero problems going in size in $400 J 2021 this morning
Liquidity is not a problem
By the time those calls start trading actively $TSLA stock price will be markedly higher

At the end of the day, its solvency risk - debt due at the end of the year and march 2019. The later could be paid with stock as i recall if the price is 350 or above. Quick ratio of .37, they need to garner CFO quickly. An equity raise could have helped bridge the gap, but with a DOJ investigation, this becomes more difficult.

I would become long if the business case made sense. I do not think musk is the right CEO for this company. Ironically enough if he left, the price would take a hit. I might buy after structuring if they become a buyout target, which is always possible if the price is right. I might also go long if the charts look good, even if its for a quick trade. But for now, I am hanging tight.

Congratulations for appearing out of the blue to try and save all the doomed Tesla Longs on TMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.