Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline 18" Wheels!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my 18" Tsportline wheels yesterday. Super quick shipping, well boxed, arrived perfect and super nice looking. Took advantage of that 10% off too! Thanks to Tsportline for the great service for wheels for my new Model 3 Performance. I hope to get them on the car in the next couple of days. Will post a pic then with them on the car.

Attachments

• Tsportline 18.JPG
    Tsportline 18.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 389
Received my 18" Tsportline wheels yesterday. Super quick shipping, well boxed, arrived perfect and super nice looking. Took advantage of that 10% off too! Thanks to Tsportline for the great service for wheels for my new Model 3 Performance. I hope to get them on the car in the next couple of days. Will post a pic then with them on the car.
Super interested to see how you like these wheels. I ordered some wheels from them too. What tires are you going with? Summer or All Season?

Super interested to see how you like these wheels. I ordered some wheels from them too. What tires are you going with? Summer or All Season?
I ordered the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus. According to Tire Rack it has the best review for the 235/45/18 tires in this price range. Some have said that it will hold traction good with the Mode 3P.

Now if I can ever get the car!

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I ordered the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus. According to Tire Rack it has the best review for the 235/45/18 tires in this price range. Some have said that it will hold traction good with the Mode 3P.

That is a good choice for an All season. That tire has really good treadwear and it isn’t that heavy at 23 lbs. Some of the All season tires are really heavy. They can be between 25-28 lbs.

The price is pretty good for those tires as well.

I am getting these wheels and tires mostly for performance so I am going with the Michelin PS4S. They are the same weigh t as your tires at 23 lbs but they offer excellent grip in the warm conditions we have down here in NC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tes3P
Could you weigh those wheels? Just curious if their actual weight matches what is on the website.

Thanks for that info. I got my wheels and tires from T Sportline and the weights matched up as well.

My 18x8.5 TS5 Wheels and PS4S Tires with TPMS sensors weighed 45.8 lbs.
Tire Rack and Discount Tire has 23# listed for my tires. I did not weigh them before installing but I think their weights are conservative for my Continental tires. Should have gotten the PS4S tires. But whats a couple pounds difference, 8 total.

Tire Rack and Discount Tire has 23# listed for my tires. I did not weigh them before installing but I think their weights are conservative for my Continental tires. Should have gotten the PS4S tires. But whats a couple pounds difference, 8 total.
I don’t think the weight itself makes as much a difference as the combination of reducing the diameter with the weight reduction.

Brooks from DragTimes reduced the weight significantly but he left the wheels at the stock 20” diameter and saw no difference at all.

Jason from Engineering Explained used the same setup I have now and saw a difference. So far I am seeing the exact same thing he was seeing in this video. Still need to do back to back testing at the track to confirm it though.

24100C6D-B46F-47E5-9462-AFFEDBA47655.jpeg

Reactions: Skavatar
I don’t think the weight itself makes as much a difference as the combination of reducing the diameter with the weight reduction.

Brooks from DragTimes reduced the weight significantly but he left the wheels at the stock 20” diameter and saw no difference at all.

Jason from Engineering Explained used the same setup I have now and saw a difference. So far I am seeing the exact same thing he was seeing in this video. Still need to do back to back testing at the track to confirm it though.

View attachment 816023

I was debating on your wheels vs. my TSS. They both look pretty good. My 235/45-18 show to be slightly smaller overall diameter. May provide a slightly lower gearing. Always good for better launch. Yours look very good on white. I have white too. Probably should have gone with yours at .9# lighter.

Jason gave a good review of 20" vs. 18". With the 18" the mass of weight is closer to the axle even with the same overall diameter. Benefit of smaller size wheel. I don't have my 18" on yet but on the dragy I have I measured a 3.27 0-60 mph and 11.44 @ 117.83 mph. Another two runs slightly less. But I want to be able to beat my best with the 18"

I was debating on your wheels vs. my TSS. They both look pretty good. My 235/45-18 show to be slightly smaller overall diameter. May provide a slightly lower gearing. Always good for better launch. Yours look very good on white. I have white too. Probably should have gone with yours at .9# lighter.

Jason gave a good review of 20" vs. 18". With the 18" the mass of weight is closer to the axle even with the same overall diameter. Benefit of smaller size wheel. I don't have my 18" on yet but on the dragy I have I measured a 3.27 0-60 mph and 11.44 @ 117.83 mph. Another two runs slightly less. But I want to be able to beat my best with the 18"
I don't think the style will matter. The fact that both wheels are 18" is what matters. As long as that moment of inertia is taken down significantly it won't matter much if one is a few ounces heavier than the other.

I have only done preliminary testing so far but I am seeing about .05-.08 seconds improvement 0-60 mph. Haven't done 1/8 or 1/4 testing. That has to wait till Thursday at the track. I am going to take both sets of wheels and compare them back to back at the track,

I was hitting 3.23 0-60 mph and 11.43 @ 117+ mph with the 20" Uberheavy wheels. I hope to get down to 3.15 0-60 mph and 11.35 @ 118+ mph 1/4 mile at the track. I hit 3.16 already in preliminary testing so it seems possible now.

I don't think the style will matter. The fact that both wheels are 18" is what matters. As long as that moment of inertia is taken down significantly it won't matter much if one is a few ounces heavier than the other.

I have only done preliminary testing so far but I am seeing about .05-.08 seconds improvement 0-60 mph. Haven't done 1/8 or 1/4 testing. That has to wait till Thursday at the track. I am going to take both sets of wheels and compare them back to back at the track,

I was hitting 3.23 0-60 mph and 11.43 @ 117+ mph with the 20" Uberheavy wheels. I hope to get down to 3.15 0-60 mph and 11.35 @ 118+ mph 1/4 mile at the track. I hit 3.16 already in preliminary testing so it seems possible now.
I should have been clearer. I was comparing my factory 20" diameters to these 18" being slightly smaller OD. Agreed, between brands not much difference.

You are ahead of me with that 3.16! The 18's are working for you. Even slightly slightly better with the factory's.

Weighed one of my "Uberheavies" at 55.4 without the center cap. Probably another ounce for what it's worth!

Just ordered the wheel and tire package from TSportline. Also went with the 18” TSS and the DWS06 combo. With my M3P and that 20” Uber wheel and tire setup, I thought it best to bite the bullet right away….my car delivers on the 25th and I have a 1/4 mile gravel driveway 🙄

Just ordered the wheel and tire package from TSportline. Also went with the 18” TSS and the DWS06 combo. With my M3P and that 20” Uber wheel and tire setup, I thought it best to bite the bullet right away….my car delivers on the 25th and I have a 1/4 mile gravel driveway 🙄
I sure like the looks of these wheels much better than the stock 20" Uber's. And now won't have to worry about the wheels cracking. Unfortunately they don't give much if any accelleration improvement. I ran a Dragy just this morning with the new wheels. Tires held traction. Even mph was down a tad. My times before and after. 11.42 @ 117.57 and previously with my 20" Uber's 11.44 @ 117.83 Same 0-60 mph at 3.27