Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline - Great Wheels / Disappointing Tire Protection Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A 4 star review for TSportline – I want to give 5 stars but found the service to be a step behind the product.

I purchased a 19” TSS Flow Forged tire & wheel package in late May just after ordering my M3. The wheels (space gray with Pilot Sports), which TS mounted for me in late June at their SoCal shop, ride great and look sharp.

One of the reasons I went with TS is that the t&w package came with a 3rd party Tire Protection Plan that provides repair and replacement coverage – the experience of several recent flats being fresh in my mind – and free tire rotations. Indeed, the Plan requires that tires are rotated every 5,000 miles… ahead of Tesla’s 6,250 recommendation… for the coverage to remain in effect.

I am coming up on a 5,000 miles and recently called the warranty company to ask about rotation. They explained that the complimentary service is provided by the “installing” shop. Makes sense I thought and I contacted TS to set-up an appointment. Their e-mail response was that “maintenance is not included with our tire protection program and as it states on our website exclusions and limitations apply.”

I am not concerned with the $100/$150 that I will apparently now have to spend on several rotations over the next 20,000 or so miles. I am surprised, however, by TS’ failure to stand behind a service plan prominently featured in their site. This lack of customer focus – they did not respond to my e-mail pointing out that there are no exclusions listed on-line -- when combined with a few bumps I experienced along the way (such as having to wait several weeks for wheels that I pre-ordered and paid for to return to stock following my car’s mid-June delivery) is worthy of a one-star ding.

Seems sketchy that TSportline would prominently advertise free rotations as part of the service on their website and then claim it's not included. I wonder if the person you spoke to was misunderstanding the situation and assuming you wanted them to perform the service.

Since the website states that the service is honored at over 50,000 dealer locations within the US and Canada, I wonder if you can just set up an appointment at one of those and provide your warranty paperwork and have them deal with TSportline directly for reimbursement?