Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline Refresh Model S Rim Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone purchased the 20” rims from TSportline? They have 20x10 all the way around? Does this affect anything with factory setting being staggered? Are they all the same tires? Will this cause any issues?

You beat me to this question. I just spoke to them yesterday and the rep told me that it will affect estimates for battery levels. I asked about spacers and I was told they don’t recommend them.

Check out Signature Wheel instead. They are having a black friday sale and can custom build wheels to fit the S with proper staggered setup. I wouldn't trust a spacer on a 1000hp car

+ they are fully forged not flow form like some cheaper T sportline.

Reactions: SignatureSales
Is it correct to say spacers are usually used for aesthetic reasons so the tires stick out?

While signature wheels are nice, and I am seriously considering them, the problem is that there are no 21" all weather tires available. I have the 21" Arachnids on my Plaid but I need all weather tires to last me through the Virginia cold weather, and there are none in the supply chain.

For those Plaid owners looking at another set of wheels and tires for cold weather, signature wheels would be quite expensive.

Looking at numbers only, Tsportline wheel + tire package is economical for a flow forged wheel. The only Con is that they don't have TPMS and road balancing available like Tire Rack has.

I am looking for an all weather setup for the Northern Virginia Winters. I am split between tsportline (flow forged) vs signature (forged) vs tire rack (forged). I have 21” arachnids right now. I am interested in reading about everyone’s perspective especially those considering Tsportline. I don’t know much about the quality of their wheels and whether there would be any issues with cracked wheels with the plaid. Ultimately I care little about the way the wheels look. I just want them black or grey to match the white car I have.

I am looking for an all weather setup for the Northern Virginia Winters. I am split between tsportline (flow forged) vs signature (forged) vs tire rack (forged). I have 21” arachnids right now. I am interested in reading about everyone’s perspective especially those considering Tsportline. I don’t know much about the quality of their wheels and whether there would be any issues with cracked wheels with the plaid. Ultimately I care little about the way the wheels look. I just want them black or grey to match the white car I have.

Less chance to crack with fully forged wheel. Tsportline are decent budget option but the sizing is limited (only 20x10) and it's flow form. There must be a difference in strength, otherwise there's no reason why T sportline sell both flow form and forged.

From my understanding, flow form's face is still cast, and they will crack under hard impact. I also own a mustang and this is what happened recently to one of the owner when he hits a pothole with his flow form wheel. This will probably never gonna happend to forged wheel.

If you want something robust, any fully forged option is the way to go especially on a 1000hp 5000lb sedan.

261801216_4464523330325034_4580582220292447587_n.jpg

Reactions: AMGF
@Joe85sti How is the paint quality on those wheels?
I live in VA so all seasons are more than enough. Which wheels did your Plaid come with originally?

Paint quality seems great, so far. Haven’t seen any snow or salt yet, though. Time will tell. Really love the look of them. I got the arachnids.

Any photos of your TS5 setup?

I’ll snap some tomorrow.

@Joe85sti Do you have a tsportline referral you can send my way? I believe I will get $100 off my order and you will get $100 credit.

How do I access this referral code?

Paint quality seems great, so far. Haven’t seen any snow or salt yet, though. Time will tell. Really love the look of them. I got the arachnids.

I’ll snap some tomorrow.

I’ll snap some tomorrow.

Bumping this thread to ask for another update. How have they held up the last few months? Any more feedback after having more time with them?