Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

time to replace tires on my MYP, need suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have 3 options:

1. stick with the 21" Uberturbine staggered setup and bite the bullet getting another set of staggered sized tires
2. swap with 20" square Tsportline wheel and more tire options available
3. swap with 20" square Martian MW3 wheels and also more options for tires

each have its pros and cons. for option 1, what is the optional tire size for the Uberturbine wheels? i just want some wheel protection, and more available options
for option 2, are the Tsportline's flow forged wheels stronger than the factory wheels?
for option 3, has anyone purchased from Martian before, i've read people have complained about their shipping delays in the past.

A lot of people buy “performance” versions of cars then rarely drive them in a way that allows them to take advantage of their car. My suggestion is to first consider if you are getting value from the performance aspect of the tires, then choose accordingly.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

I have been looking at replacing my Uberturbines as well. They look cool but I want to switch out to something more practical. I have considered the TS5s but they are very expensive. Same with the Martians MW03, plus the reported shipping delays don't give me a lot of buyer's confidence.

I am considering going to Discount Tire and getting the 19" Sebring TSWs with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 255/45R19 104Y. This will run about $2500 (without certificates).

Just wondering, how many miles did the factory tires last you before you have to replace them? I'm only at 2k miles so far.

Reactions: Discount Tire
I have been looking at replacing my Uberturbines as well. They look cool but I want to switch out to something more practical. I have considered the TS5s but they are very expensive. Same with the Martians MW03, plus the reported shipping delays don't give me a lot of buyer's confidence.

I am considering going to Discount Tire and getting the 19" Sebring TSWs with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 255/45R19 104Y. This will run about $2500 (without certificates).

Just wondering, how many miles did the factory tires last you before you have to replace them? I'm only at 2k miles so far.
We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Let us know if there is anything we can help with here on the forum.

i have 3 options:

1. stick with the 21" Uberturbine staggered setup and bite the bullet getting another set of staggered sized tires

each have its pros and cons. for option 1, what is the optional tire size for the Uberturbine wheels? i just want some wheel protection, and more available options
for option 2, are the Tsportline's flow forged wheels stronger than the factory wheels?
for option 3, has anyone purchased from Martian before, i've read people have complained about their shipping delays in the past.

I plan on simply getting new tires (wider) for the uber when time comes. I think there are many post on alternate sizes to get rid of the stretched look as well as being more common sizes when it comes to availabilities and possibly pricing. For me, i'm not a big fan of the looks of the 21' uber, but it did came with the car and i feel wasteful replacing it. I removed my center caps and put on some cheap lugnut covers on and i think it makes the 21" uber looks so much better and different.

Reactions: N1L CO2
Great and timely topic for me. I am in the process of replacing my 21" Uberturbine staggered setup. I don't like the wheels and what something different. I was looking to buy Atomic wheels (advertised on this forum), but the price was more than I wanted to spend.

I opted to buy 20"Induction wheels. I will mount 275/40/20 tires. They are wider and will give me some rim protection. The 20x9.5 some save on efficiency. This is the cheapest option I found. I think I have $700-$800 in wheels. they are all used, some have curb rash. I am going to get them all repaired and powder coated black (satin or matte).

I don't need a lecture on proper usage of a model Y Perf. I purchased. Nor a lecture on what other wheel I should have purchased. I am simply giving the OP an option.

i have 3 options:

Iwn a 22 MYP; I was able to get 28K miles out of my rear 21’ Pirelli’s P zero, looks like my front ones can go 45K, so I bought 2 new tires from Amazon: Sailun ERange EV Eco Sphere 275/35R21 for about $200 each.. so far so good…

i have 3 options:

Is there some reason you are limiting yourself to 20's? There are wheels all the way down to 18's that will work. If it is a 23 model.
Running 18's on my 23 YP several others on here as well. Snow tires right now but think I will also get a set of summer 18's as well
Discount tire was very helpful to me.

Reactions: Discount Tire
i have 3 options:

on my '23MYP, I'm personally planning to stick with your #1 option. 30% of the time, my MYP is driven hard. 20%, very hard. 50% is casual when the wife is driving and the V1 is unplugged.

I think I've settled on not rotating tires at all - seems like very little benefit. I'm willing to bet I'll have to replace the fronts twice as often as the rears given heavy cornering at speed (I'm only at 6k miles presently). I like the look of the rims and the profile of the tires and the reduced range is a non-issue for me.

To your point on 'wheel protection' - I purchased/installed the MagBak rimcase protectors and am overall happy. Wife has curbed the rims multiple times and with a little fine grit sandpaper, you can't even notice. I haven't had to dip into my replacement set as such and the only two negatives have been that the underlying PPF didn't stick well and had to be trimmed and that you get a little "creaking" at low speeds but it's barely noticeable.

Lol that DiscountTire is trolling with some intern responding to posts mentioning DiscountTire. Seriously, though - they've always been good to me, have always matched Costco's better pricing, and have always had better availability/appointments to meet my needs and their "warm personal touch" is amazing which is of course their founder's Bruce Halle's trademark. GIve them your business. Few private American companies have the level of customer service that they do. I wish I could have invested when I wanted to 30 years ago...