Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline Wheel Duties and Border fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning,

I am considering a set of winter wheels/tires from TSportline. Has anyone ordered from them before that can tell me if the $350 flat rate shipping from DHL covered the import duties or other fees at the border?
I’m assuming that I would have to pay taxes but I’m just wondering if I’m going to get hit with a couple hundred dollar surprise from some other fees.

Good Morning,

I am considering a set of winter wheels/tires from TSportline. Has anyone ordered from them before that can tell me if the $350 flat rate shipping from DHL covered the import duties or other fees at the border?
I’m assuming that I would have to pay taxes but I’m just wondering if I’m going to get hit with a couple hundred dollar surprise from some other fees.

The DHL bill could be an unpleasant surprise. I would be careful with them. No Canadian distributer?

Nice to know :)

I’m still debating on wether or not I should order from Tsportline the 19’’ TSV black flow forged wheels and winter tire combo with the Viking7 tires, price wise with duty and import fees.

I’m starting to figure out that acquiring a winter set of wheels for my ModelY performance is going to be challenging and costly. I’m trying to go with the most efficient route while maintaining the best traction for snow and country road’s ice and hard packed snow. I was sold on my Nokia hakkapeliitta. But after reading on the forum about the efficiency of Tesla rims, I was debating getting the Gemini wheels. I was looking for the TSportline TSV flow forged wheels which looked great and seem to reproduce the performance package with 19’’ wheels. And might as well go with their winter package which come assembled already.

But after reading on the forum about the efficiency of Tesla rims, I was debating getting the Gemini wheels. I was looking for the TSportline TSV flow forged wheels which looked great and seem to reproduce the performance package with 19’’ wheels. And might as well go with their winter package which come assembled already.

I went with the TSportsline because I know they'll come fully setup with the correct TPMS sensors, fit perfectly, and turns out they ship very fast. They should be here on Tuesday. Would have been faster if not for the holiday.

I didn't really want to order something random with all the talk of offsets and spacers and tire dimensions. I'm sure it would work out, but I didn't want to chance it.

Also, I wouldn't order from Tesla directly if you want them this winter. You can see my post on that here: Tesla Winter Tires still "Enroute" after 3 weeks TLDR: I waited 3 weeks and when they still hadn't showed I used the chat and found out they hadn't even shipped yet. Multiple other people reported taking 4 months to get theirs.

I'm actually a bit disappointed. The cost difference isn't a big deal to me and I would have rather had the official Tesla wheels. But I can't leave my car parked until April waiting for winter tires.

TSportsline is a bit pricey for Canada because of the shipping and duties, but you're guaranteed to get exactly what you need quickly, in a style that looks stock.