Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Not Working - Question for you folks...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all.

My TuneIn stopped working about 5 days ago... Rebooting MCU doesn't seem to cure the problem.

I called Tesla support - they did a search and said it is a known issue recently being reported by owners... and many have reported it. And Tesla are working on a solution.

I am suspicious of this answer b/c I did a search of the forums here and have not seen a thread on this 'known issue'

So, here is my question... If you click on the music icon, click on TuneIn icon and see the screen that looks similar to the screenshot I attached below, does your screen say "Sign In" like mine currently displays? Or does yours say something else.

I seem to recall it saying something like this: Tesla-4sg466a6f6 Or some gibberish in the past. But now it just says "Sign In"

I suspect I was somehow logged out... and that is why TuneIn is not loading.

I have emailed Tesla for my TuneIn credentials so I can try to log back in. Still waiting on that info.

If this does turn out to be a simple case of being logged in vs being logged out, I will be disappointed in Tesla's answer of it being a recently discovered 'known issue'. I have owned a Tesla for over 5 yrs - Model S and now a Model X - and I have seen a noticeable and sad decrease in the customer service.

Thanks for your help with this.

Tunein.jpg

Hello all.

My TuneIn stopped working about 5 days ago... Rebooting MCU doesn't seem to cure the problem.

I called Tesla support - they did a search and said it is a known issue recently being reported by owners... and many have reported it. And Tesla are working on a solution.

I am suspicious of this answer b/c I did a search of the forums here and have not seen a thread on this 'known issue'

So, here is my question... If you click on the music icon, click on TuneIn icon and see the screen that looks similar to the screenshot I attached below, does your screen say "Sign In" like mine currently displays? Or does yours say something else.

I seem to recall it saying something like this: Tesla-4sg466a6f6 Or some gibberish in the past. But now it just says "Sign In"

I suspect I was somehow logged out... and that is why TuneIn is not loading.

I have emailed Tesla for my TuneIn credentials so I can try to log back in. Still waiting on that info.

If this does turn out to be a simple case of being logged in vs being logged out, I will be disappointed in Tesla's answer of it being a recently discovered 'known issue'. I have owned a Tesla for over 5 yrs - Model S and now a Model X - and I have seen a noticeable and sad decrease in the customer service.

Thanks for your help with this.

View attachment 372887
Don't know if you found a solution yet, but I find TuneIn to be intermittent since an update at the end of 2018. If I try to start with TuneIn, it often won't connect. When this happens, I've found that switching to radio, then back to TuneIn will bring it up.