Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine EXACT width/offset replacement??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know wheel threads get beat to death. I've been poking around for wheels for a few weeks and I can't find anything that works. I apologize in advance if there is already a thread that covers this. Point me to it and I'll buy you a beer LOL This is what I'm looking for:

20" wheels that are lighter than the uberturbines

SAME EXACT offset and width. 9.5 in the front and 10.5 in the rear

I like the martians, but they don't look right in the rear. I know companies like vossen will make custom wheels, but I don't want to spend $10k for a set. I'm looking for something less than $1k per wheel

If this is impossible I can accept that haha the uberturbines don't look that bad. but I want to switch to 275 and 295 tires and there are no Michelins available in 275. plus they are expensive. 20" tires are much cheaper. I like the conti, but not available in 295

Sooo my thought was to switch to 20s, but then I run into the size issues I described above. Waiting for the tires to become available is cool with me, but its also fun to shop for wheels 🤩

PS, I dont mind a square setup with 275 tires, but I want the rear to stick out the same as factory and I don't want spacers...

If you are looking at a 275/40/20 in the front you would be best to move to a 10 inch wheel as the 275’s will be maxed out on a 9.5 inch wheel. A 10 inch wheel would be the perfect width.

Running a 275/40/20 square set up on 10’s has been done by numerous people. I’m not sure of the exact offsets used however I have read on another thread of someone doing this with a +40 offset all round on a MYP.

Depending on the exact look you are after you could possibly alter this marginally. Not having done it I can’t assist further but it’s a question I would love to have answered as I’m considering exactly that.

Perhaps others could assist with the offsets of there 275/40/20 square setup and where their front and rear wheels sit?

Reactions: OsidePunker
Thanks! I appreciate the response.

Yeah I've looked at the ts wheels. I don't mind a 10" wheel but the issue I have is I feel like the rear should stick out more than the front. Which means a square setup wouldn't be ideal

Honestly I feel like the more practical solution is keep the uberturbines and plus size the tires but I would really like to move to a 20" wheel

If I could find 20" wheels with 10.5" rear and 9.5" or 10" front that matched the poke of the uberturbines then that would be my preferred setup