Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugly Woodgrain Dash

Any word if we can soon get Carbon fiber dash without spending $130k for Ludicrous.

• Like New Brown Wood grain

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Prefer Carbon fiber choice

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugly wood grain dash Telsa make us get with the black interior Model S. Always had the Carbon fiber with my cars since 2013. Can only get Carbon dash with $130k Ludicrous Car. Too bad, may have to relook at Mercedes.

LOL. There a million things about tesla to hate, like real actual problems and deficiencies, and this is what you are basing your purchase decision on? LMAO.

Screwy panels gaps? rattling crap interior? buggy software?

I don't even see the panels of my dash. I know it's there, and it's dark, and it has a faux wood grain, but i don't ever SEE it.

• Funny
Reactions: logan
Ugly wood grain dash Telsa make us get with the black interior Model S. Always had the Carbon fiber with my cars since 2013. Can only get Carbon dash with $130k Ludicrous Car. Too bad, may have to relook at Mercedes.

I never really understood the allure of slathering a car interior with carbon fiber when there are lots of other interesting options out there. I totally get that some people like carbon fiber and that is fine but I wish there were other options. While I like carbon fiber used for strength and weight purposes, I don't necessarily consider it an "upgrade" for an interior trim.

Hopefully when Tesla updates the interior, they will offer some compelling interior wood trim options, besides slathering the interior in carbon fiber.

Imagine how awesome a Model S white interior would look like with something similar to Mercedes's Metalized Ash Wood trim.

Mercedes Metalized Ash Wood trim - Google Search:

It's actually very easy to swap out the dash panels.
My 1st MS had CF and I loved it, then AP came out and had to have it. I stumbled on a car with 1200 miles and the owner wanted to sell for "insane" mode (at the time was new)
I ended up buying the car. It was exactly what I wanted EXCEPT the CF for $20k less than the sticker. I couldn't pass it up.
I kept my eye out for people selling the CF panels and got mine for $250 after trading parts of my obeche.

TL;DR It's easy and cheap to swap out the dash parts.

I never really understood the allure of slathering a car interior with carbon fiber when there are lots of other interesting options out there. I totally get that some people like carbon fiber and that is fine but I wish there were other options. While I like carbon fiber used for strength and weight purposes, I don't necessarily consider it an "upgrade" for an interior trim.

Hopefully when Tesla updates the interior, they will offer some compelling interior wood trim options, besides slathering the interior in carbon fiber.

Imagine how awesome a Model S white interior would look like with something similar to Mercedes's Metalized Ash Wood trim.

Mercedes Metalized Ash Wood trim - Google Search:

+1. That looks amazing in person.

damn, here I'm having a hard time deciding on the model s or the model 3 and you're worried about wood grain. change it out, be unique and hydro dip the interior pieces. you could've been me last week when filling up my dads truck, some ahole clicked the pump handle and I didn't catch it in time and ended up taking a gas bath.