TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK order books

Discussion in 'Model Y: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Fellsteruk, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

anyone know when us brits will be able to order the Y

2. JohnnyEnglish

JohnnyEnglish Member

I am afraid I have not seen any information on this, and would like to see the answer to your question.

The main problem with the model 3 ramp seemed to relate to producing the battery/drivetrain. If, as stated, the same platform is used for the Y then hopefully about a year can be taken out of the production ramp. 75% part commonality should hopefully also reduce the amount of new engineering for the RHD version of the Y. As a result I would hope/guess it will not take the 2 years from production start to RHD versions being produced that we are seeing for the model 3. However this is all surmise - an estimate from Tesla would be nice :)

• Like x 1
  3. JohnnyEnglish

JohnnyEnglish Member

Still no news on this front as far as I can see. Have you heard anything?

4. Tetsuto

Tetsuto New Member

Waiting as well. Tesla shops don’t seem to have any info at the moment.

• Like x 1
  5. navt

navt Member

Can you even place a reservation in the U.K.? Site says visit store.

6. Tetsuto

Tetsuto New Member

I’ve not had any luck yet. Would love to know if anyone else had managed to get a store to take their money..

7. ittah

ittah Member

Same situation in Australia.