Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk Roadster pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fanboyy

Nov 25, 2018
Uk
OK.
So I have been thinking of putting down a deposit on a new base model Roadster here in the UK. The only thing is in the UK there is only the price for the founders edition (£189k). There is a deposit price for the Base model at £38k, based on that I was assuming the base version is going to be around £158k (4 times the deposit, same as the US pricing) which is pretty much about right as that works out to around $202k.
I thought I would call Tesla UK just to confirm, but they are saying that the base price and the founders edition are going to probably be around the same price as each other (£189k). They were not 100% sure on this but they said this is what has happened with the pricing on the model s and x. Can anyone confirm this? Or was I possibly speaking to someone who may have been misinformed.
Thanks

I think they were probably not in the know. This has happened with the S and the X signature vehicles as compared to a loaded regular S/X but that is not the same as in this case. The base version would be a basic S100D compared to a fully loaded and then some SP100D so there will always be a major price difference. Unless ofourse you ask to have everything included and then some where then the initially base version might even be more expensive than the founders depending on the Inde kudu all options prices..............

Sounds like nobody, including Tesla, has a clue on UK pricing at this point, which is hardly surprising. Also very unlikely to see a RHD version anywhere close to 2020. If I had to bet I'd say 2023 if you are lucky. Personally I wouldn't even think about putting £38K down today on something that far out. I would wait until the first LHD batch start rolling down the production line, allegedly sometime in 2020.