Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultimate Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning a road trip sometime this fall and wanted to go all the way across the country to visit Maine with stops on the way home to visit relatives in NC and LA when I ran across this post of the ultimate road trip.

This is the ultimate American road trip (according to science)

Here is the google map of this trip.

The American Family Road Trip by Chevrolet

I was originally trying to do this trip in 3 to 4 weeks but if I planned this one out then 5 to 6 weeks at least, that might be tight as that is still 5 or 6 hours of driving per day not including sightseeing and charging.

Still it would be cool to touch all 48 contiguous states in one trip, I'm sure my stops would be different.

Can this google map be sent to something to figure out charging stops?

We picked up our Model 3 on June 7 and on June 23 we began a 3,800 km round trip from Toronto The Prince Edward Island in Canada. I used Tesla superchargers until they ran out in the Canadian Maritime states. But there were free Level 2 chargers at the hotels and restaurants (even McDonalds). and no lineups. At the cottage we plugged into the stove outlet. We made it there and back and the trip only took 2 hours more than when we used to travel with our previous hybrid. Love driving by gas stations!

Reactions: Pkmmte
I am planning a road trip sometime this fall and wanted to go all the way across the country to visit Maine with stops on the way home to visit relatives in NC and LA when I ran across this post of the ultimate road trip.

This is the ultimate American road trip (according to science)

Here is the google map of this trip.

The American Family Road Trip by Chevrolet

I was originally trying to do this trip in 3 to 4 weeks but if I planned this one out then 5 to 6 weeks at least, that might be tight as that is still 5 or 6 hours of driving per day not including sightseeing and charging.

Still it would be cool to touch all 48 contiguous states in one trip, I'm sure my stops would be different.

Can this google map be sent to something to figure out charging stops?
Man I wished I could take 5 to 6 weeks off of work. I would love to do a crazy road trip like this.

Reactions: Pkmmte