Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Charge - CP_a009 & BMS_a063

• Thread starter Deleted member 155949
  • Start date
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

Deleted member 155949

Anybody had the red charge port light and this fault before “Unable to Charge - CP_a009 & BMS_a063”?

10ACB665-9B34-4393-BCB5-A18231DEA3F0.jpeg

Attachments

• 869E54CA-E046-4D47-B53B-65A0AE2867E9.jpeg
    869E54CA-E046-4D47-B53B-65A0AE2867E9.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 324
Anybody had the red charge port light and this fault before “Unable to Charge - CP_a009 & BMS_a063”?

View attachment 758510
Did you reset after the error message and tried?
if that doesn’t work try Tesla supercharger?
if that works then there is some connection issue with your charge point - possibly wifi related? You can resolve by switching off the router and restarting.
if that doesn’t fix it - contact your charge point installer and ask them to check the connection
if everything is fine then raise a service request.

Yep, reset it several times. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Problem is definitely with the car and not the charge point because the car’s charge port locking pin activates and prevents you from plugging the car in (or releasing the cable if already plugged in).

Booked in to a service centre for mid Feb (earliest they could accommodate me) but the problem is now occurring so frequently that it won’t be long before I get properly stranded given the miles I have to do for work!

Yep, reset it several times. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Problem is definitely with the car and not the charge point because the car’s charge port locking pin activates and prevents you from plugging the car in (or releasing the cable if already plugged in).

Booked in to a service centre for mid Feb (earliest they could accommodate me) but the problem is now occurring so frequently that it won’t be long before I get properly stranded given the miles I have to do for work!
Try Tesla supercharger, mine did that - the charge port pin, the problem with mine was wifi related, so if supercharger works or any other charger works then you can isolate the problem.

Did you get it fixed?

I started getting the "Unable to charge, charge port component is not detected" message last week out of nowhere on my M3. Tried the PodPoint charger at work and after a short period charging would stop. I also got a SOS emergency call not available message. Booked in for a service but it's going to take until mid next week to get the required parts. Given I'd be unable to use the car until then, to make sure I have enough range to get me to Chester SC, I tried my home charger which worked fine, no error messages at all. I have just tried to use a local PodPoint charger and the errors returned. Really bad timing as I was supposed to be taking the family to Whitby next week. I did wonder if the hot weather was effecting it but I can't take the risk given it appears to be a connection issue with public chargers.