Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to connect to the Tesla Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys!

Since I'm a future X owner, I figured I was going to post this in the X section of the forum, although it is not a X specific issue. @Moderators: please feel free to move this post to the appropriate section if needed, thanks! :)

So here is my issue: I'm waiting for my X to finish production and be delivered to me. Expected delivery date is in a month. I would like to order right away some accessories from the Tesla Shop so my SC can receive them in time to have them with my car.

I used to be able to connect to the shop with my Tesla account, but for the last month I'm getting this error when pressing the Sign In button:

There was an authentication issue. If this continues, please contact Customer Support.
Server failure processing resource operation. See log for details. Ref#-9223372036081364659

I have contacted both my OA and DS. They told me they forwarded the issue to the technical service but I didn't got any news so far. It's been a month already.

Was wondering if this was a known issue, if people managed to have it fixed and how. For now I can't order anything under my account and have it associated to my X VIN. I know that I can create me another account and order with this one. But the OCD side of me wants to have all clean and associated to the same account :D

Thanks!

Sometimes the authentication error is caused by bad/corrupted cookies. If your browser supports incognito mode, try to login in that mode. If you can, then deleting all the cookies for the Tesla site may fix your authentication issue.

I'm not sure if this helps but I had trouble logging into certain websites out of the blue, I called my ISP and they said my DNS servers were some how wiped and gave me two DNS numbers to add to my computers list. I think it might be ISP specific, you could try calling yours and seeing if they can find a problem.

For now I can't order anything under my account and have it associated to my X VIN

Not sure I understand this ..u can order thru your account (car) but past purchases won’t show ..so not sure what you mean by associate with vin ? You can just as well set new account and order items from the Tesla shop as there is no historical link on purchases you will see in your account

Not sure I understand this ..u can order thru your account (car) but past purchases won’t show ..so not sure what you mean by associate with vin ? You can just as well set new account and order items from the Tesla shop as there is no historical link on purchases you will see in your account
Well, I never ordered from the shop before. If I try with a new account, for the winter tires for example, there is a drop down box to select my car’s VIN. But since I’m not connected with my real account, nothing shows. I know that in the end I can order with that second account and contact my SC to let them know that wheels are on their way and to have them mounted on my car for delivery. But I would have preferred to have all done through my real account. For no other reason than that. OCD me. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I'm not sure if this helps but I had trouble logging into certain websites out of the blue, I called my ISP and they said my DNS servers were some how wiped and gave me two DNS numbers to add to my computers list. I think it might be ISP specific, you could try calling yours and seeing if they can find a problem.
I have tried from home and from work. Have tried on my phone over data. It used to work and I can logging with a new account I created just for testing. So it seems to really be linked to my main account and somehow there is an authentication issue when linking Tesla account and the shop one.

So I got a call yesterday from someone in Nashville claiming to be from Tesla to assist me on this matter. He knew my number, that I got delivery of my Tesla and that I had issues connecting to the Tesla Shop. So far seemed legit. But he proposed me to do some remote screen on my PC to help me solve the issue. He wanted me to install an app so he could connect remotely and assist me. I declined and explained him in details everything I have tried. He told me he got enough information and that he will contact me back by email of phone call for the resolution.

My question is: was this a legit call from Tesla support? Are they outsourcing or is the shop business/management located in Nashville? Etc.

I'm overly suspicious with all the bait and fraud going around.

Thanks

So I got a call yesterday from someone in Nashville claiming to be from Tesla to assist me on this matter. He knew my number, that I got delivery of my Tesla and that I had issues connecting to the Tesla Shop. So far seemed legit. But he proposed me to do some remote screen on my PC to help me solve the issue. He wanted me to install an app so he could connect remotely and assist me. I declined and explained him in details everything I have tried. He told me he got enough information and that he will contact me back by email of phone call for the resolution.

My question is: was this a legit call from Tesla support? Are they outsourcing or is the shop business/management located in Nashville? Etc.

I'm overly suspicious with all the bait and fraud going around.

Thanks

I think you made the right decision based on your gut at the time. Better safe than sorry for sure, and we should all have flags going off when someone wants to remote into your computer to help solve the issue. If that is the only way to resolve the issue, which it rarely is, I would ask them what their extension is so that I can call them back starting from Tesla's main number.

Reactions: Bogobec