Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's supposed to happen when you cancel premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Specifically my quesstion is, what happens to your Slacker/LiveOne Tesla provided account when you stop subscribing to premium connectivity.

My premium connectivity expired years ago, but I still had access to Slacker/LiveOne via WiFi because I presume the Tesla provided Slacker account was associated with my driver profile so I could still log in with it. Following this assumption, I belive I recently got logged out of Slacker/LiveOne because I deleted my driver profile and created a new driver profile and have lost access to the Tesla provided Slacker account that was associated with my now deleted driver profile.

I'm wondering if I subscribe to premium connectivity and get another Tesla Slacker login associated with my new driver profile, but then cancel after a month, will the Slacker login still be available to me to use over WiFi only? Has anyone out there subscribed to premium connectivity but then cancelled have any hands on experience with this?

They keep changing what the manual says about Slacker. It used to say they provided 4 years of Slacker, then it was 1 year, and now I don't think it specifies anything.

1697148931719.png

So that makes it sound like they support using the default Tesla account over WiFi.

You could always open a support ticket with Tesla saying that the default Tesla account was lost from your profile, and could they add it back. Worst they could say is no.

Can't you just sign into it when connected to WiFi?
Apparently not. I believe a Slacker login was assigned to the car already when I bought it years ago because I had premium connectivity for a year after purchase.... but I never signed out even after my premium connectivity ended so I kept using it on WiFi. But since I recently deleted and recreated my driver profile (I believe this login is stored with your driver profile, someone correct me if I'm wrong), it looks like the login is now gone. I wouldn't be able to sign in regardless of WiFi or cellular data.

So again, my question is would I be able to get another Tesla provided Slacker login just by buying premium connectivity for a month and still use it over WiFi after the month ends?

They keep changing what the manual says about Slacker. It used to say they provided 4 years of Slacker, then it was 1 year, and now I don't think it specifies anything.

View attachment 981711
So that makes it sound like they support using the default Tesla account over WiFi.

You could always open a support ticket with Tesla saying that the default Tesla account was lost from your profile, and could they add it back. Worst they could say is no.
Yup, I tried this, the service guy who called me back said I HAVE TO create my own, non-Tesla account to log into Slacker in my car, but I don't really buy that. Maybe a more fundamental question to ask is, does subscribing to Premium Connectivity include a Tesla Slacker login that allows you to stream without ads?

The Tesla support article on connectivity options (https://www.tesla.com/support/connectivity) says you have to pay for a music streaming service even with Premium Connectivity, so I don’t know how this is supposed to work anymore. My Teslas have always had access to streaming music without subscribing to a streaming service, though I don’t know what would happen if I got logged out.
Don't log out, you'll probably end up in a situation like I am! :D

Apparently not. I believe a Slacker login was assigned to the car already when I bought it years ago because I had premium connectivity for a year after purchase.... but I never signed out even after my premium connectivity ended so I kept using it on WiFi. But since I recently deleted and recreated my driver profile (I believe this login is stored with your driver profile, someone correct me if I'm wrong), it looks like the login is now gone. I wouldn't be able to sign in regardless of WiFi or cellular data.
What happens when you tap the "use vehicle account" button on the Streaming/Slacker account screen? (It tells me it failed and to try again in a few minutes, and I have premium connectivity.)

1697149788609.png

If I cared I would open a service request, but I use Spotify...

What happens when you tap the "use vehicle account" button on the Streaming/Slacker account screen? (It tells me it failed and to try again in a few minutes, and I have premium connectivity.)

View attachment 981714

If I cared I would open a service request, but I use Spotify...
Something similar happens, I see a VERY BRIEF message that flashes on the screen that says, "Using this vehicle's account", and nothing else happens, I'm still at the same screen.

Based on you comment, it seems you didn't even get a Tesla Slacker login after subscribing to Premium Connectivity!

Based on you comment, it seems you didn't even get a Tesla Slacker login after subscribing to Premium Connectivity!
My car came with 1-year of premium connectivity and the Tesla Slacker account has worked since new. (I've never let premium connectivity expire.)

I just tried again and didn't get an error when I tapped the "use vehicle account" button and Slacker streaming is working. (But it shows no indication that it is even logged in.)

• Informative
Reactions: pdp1