Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The way of disable Youtube on Model X (not tested on other models)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi drivers,

This is my first post here, and I'm excited to be a part of this community. Thank you all in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Recently, I stumbled upon an unintended method to disable YouTube on my Tesla Model X. While I'm sharing this, I want to make it clear that I do not recommend attempting this, as it may result in LOSING access to YouTube on your Tesla.

Here's what happened:

1. You need to have a Google Family Account, and register a kid's account under your family account. Please refer to Google Family Link.
  2. Open YouTube on Tesla, and login with kid's account, if correctly, YouTube will switch to "YouTube Kids," and the interface will change to different interface.
  3. Slide down to close YouTube while the interface shows "YouTube Kids," I think this is how the trick works, to be precisely, I was turning on the "Camp Mode" because I was leaving my car.
  4. Since then, whenever I try to open YouTube, I receive a message stating, "Sorry, your account is unable to open the YouTube mobile website."
I'm not sure if this method works universally or if it's specific to certain locations. However, I've encountered no other issues since YouTube got disabled.

I want to reiterate a point: while I haven't recognized any risks associated with this method so far, I can't guarantee its safety. However, for individuals like myself who are bothered by the idea of permanently deleting or disabling YouTube, I believe it's worth a try.

If you found any information, please share with us.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 36
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Good idea that you can use this as blocker also.

However, if you want to work around this “Sorry, you can't access YouTube for Mobile Web with your account” for kids accounts, I found out that if you log into the same kids account also via the browser, then it starts working.