Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to take delivery Modely Y FSD , $9k cheaper, can transfer it ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Booked the car more than a year ago
We are in process of buying a house and the car delivery got accelerated by 4months.

I am unable to take its delivery not sure if someone wants to get it.

I am in the bay area (MountainView CA), would prefer someone local to deal with.

It's a base config white color/ with white interiors, long-range all-wheel drive.

Has full self-driving.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.41.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.41.57 PM.png
    374 KB · Views: 81
Thanks, Voxel appreciate your clarification.

Yeah, I called up customer service and they are open to registration name change.

Worst case if it doesn't work I'll likely transfer my tesla account to the new user.

It's just much easier to forfeit your account because if you've gone through a Tesla purchase before there are plenty of things that are much easier for the buyer with account access... like trade-in requires uploading 6-8 photos, car registration, loan info.... same with financing get MVPA for external bank (I've had third party banks reject my loan because the MVPA wasn't generated correctly - there's even threads about that here), etc.

If the buyer is paying cash with no trade-in... then it's a non-issue.

Yes, it's easier for the seller just to change the registration but gives the buyer less flexibility.

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3
Thanks, Voxel appreciate your inputs!

Corrections

The interiors are Black in color ( It's a Base configuration, LR AWD, white color, black interior, no wheel upgrade, no tow hitch, but with FSD )

Delivery date is

I have already uploaded my license details.

Update: Talked to Tesla service and they say that the new owner will be added to the registration 'along with me' and then I have to remove it from DMV.

Obviously, it seems like a long-winded process now.

If you added your registration, this is a done deal. You'll need to take delivery and sell it to Carvana, etc. or private party. I don't see anyone willing to hassle with DMV registration updates, especially when they forking over $$$ to buy the reservation. Having your name on the registration, even for a few days, puts you on the hook for parking tickets, HOV violations, toll fees, and anything else along those lines.

Reactions: UCF3
I am okay to give up my account, however, tesla said that they will add the other person to the registration along with me.

Since model y reservation was done by me on my name they can't change it. Also car is booked 1.5+yrs ago so its pricing is too low for them to allow 'formal' transfer of account.

The likely path is to let go of this $9k savings and cancel it.

I am okay to give up my account, however, tesla said that they will add the other person to the registration along with me.

Since model y reservation was done by me on my name they can't change it. Also car is booked 1.5+yrs ago so its pricing is too low for them to allow 'formal' transfer of account.

The likely path is to let go of this $9k savings and cancel it.
Hi, would you mind texting me at eight-one-eight-65-three-272nine. I'm here in SoCal but can fly up and work something out with you that makes sense. Thank you for your time Puneet.

Replied to multiple folks, sorry if I missed you.

I did get offers however my situation on two day was such that I didn't have the bandwidth, house bid going out, our son was down with fever so was too much hassle at that time.

Sorry, no one could make use of this $9k savings. Guess it goes back to Tesla, would help increase their profits :)

Reactions: voxel