Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Universal Wall Connector - Stuck adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems the J1772 adapter won't release from the UWC housing anymore. When I press the button on the adapter, it won't free itself and I can only remove the NACS/Tesla plug. Anyone know of a trick to getting it free?

Since I reused my old 14-50 circuit for the UWC, we are now stuck charging wifeys Chevy Volt at 120V. :(

He is talking about getting the adapter out of the wall connector, not out of the car. I have the Universal wall connector but have never had the adapter not release. Probably require a chat with support folks. Good luck

He is talking about getting the adapter out of the wall connector, not out of the car. I have the Universal wall connector but have never had the adapter not release. Probably require a chat with support folks. Good luck

Correct. The adapter won't come out of the Wall Connector housing. I'm thinking I may have to remove the Wall Connector from its mount, turning the breaker off first of course. Then see if there is something internal I can look for that caould be causing the problem.

Or call Support first...