Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplug Charger without Unlock Door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VQTRVA

Mar 13, 2019
CVA
I was scrolling through one of the Facebook Tesla groups the other day & a bunch of people were telling a new owner that they can release the charger by either long pressing the charger handle button or double clicking it - without having to unlock the doors , waking up the car by fidgeting around with the trunk handles or passenger doors.

I am guessing the phone app needs to be on-person also for above to work unless this is FB fakes again.

I can't find the thread now but is this true?

Haven't gotten out to garage this AM yet to try.

I can confirm that this is exactly how it works. I was using the double-click method until I found out that a long press on the button also releases the charger. I think this was enabled by a software update from a month or so ago.

I haven't tried without my phone in my pocket, but I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

Reactions: VQTRVA
I can confirm that this is exactly how it works. I was using the double-click method until I found out that a long press on the button also releases the charger. I think this was enabled by a software update from a month or so ago.

I haven't tried without my phone in my pocket, but I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

I just tried long press/double press - without a phone in my pocket (really my wife's car - so usually dont have the phone key app) - & it didn't work.

I looked through the window & the screen told me I need a key.

So either I don't have the software or I do need a 'key' of some sort.

Let us know how it turns out with your trial.