Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE front lip review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also one more thing to add. I have a semi steep driveway and while looking for a lip...I needed one that protrudes outwards and not downwards and UP fit that bill. Yes I go slow at an angle. So if you’re looking for an enhancement and doesn’t reduce ground clearance...this lip is for you.
View attachment 548355 View attachment 548356
These pictures are confusing me. Is this with or without the spoiler? I don't see the top edge like in your other pictures below so am assuming it's without even though you are saying it's good for clearance in the post?

845f75ba-f6cf-4cd6-baa7-863701a866ab-jpeg.548342

So I basically bought this front lip for looks and they’re the only company that had a decent looking front lip that was urethane and forgiving just in case the misses drives the car. Got the box in tact and the test fit was on point. No stretching or pulling like I’ve read for other lips. Even my body shop guy was impressed at the quality and fitment. Apparently UP also made a revision with the end cap returns and I have the newest version of the lip that covers the ends where other lips fall short. The attachment push connector are now beefier longer screw anchor type as well. Thanks @UnpluggedP

Overall I’m super happy with their product and best of all which wasn’t a factor to me...my efficiency has gone up! At higher speeds it’s about 10-15 kWh/mi lower consumption but at normal daily driving speeds on 9.5” wheels...I’m impressed.

And now the pics!
View attachment 548337
View attachment 548338 View attachment 548339 View attachment 548340
View attachment 548341
View attachment 548351
View attachment 548342 View attachment 548347 View attachment 548348
Hello TwoK4drSi,

This post is 4 years late but the UP Front Lip looks great on your already great looking M3. Quick question for you from a newbie to both the M3 and Tesla mods:

1. I was told that the the UP Front Lip is "rough" but how was your experience installing it unpainted?

2. Did you have to uninstall it to get it painted before reinstalling it?

3. Would you still recommend it after 4 years?

I think this front lip is one of the better ones for its minimal look as well as it not requiring drilling into the bumper. I look forward to your response.

Thank you!

Hello TwoK4drSi,

This post is 4 years late but the UP Front Lip looks great on your already great looking M3. Quick question for you from a newbie to both the M3 and Tesla mods:

1. I was told that the the UP Front Lip is "rough" but how was your experience installing it unpainted?

I think this front lip is one of the better ones for its minimal look as well as it not requiring drilling into the bumper. I look forward to your response.

Thank you!
You can install mock without taking off the 3M to see fitment. Still the best looking oem + lip out there

Hello TwoK4drSi,

Thank you!
To describe the fit as rough is unfair. It's not an OEM 100% fit but it is as good as it gets foe non-OEM parts. Installing painted vs unpainted doesn't change the fit but painted looks more OEM+.

Much better to paint first before install. Painting on the car is not a great idea.

I've had mine for around 4 years and would recommend it. There are countless options out there for a front lip but many look like they don't flow with the car and to my knowledge the UP lip is the only one using digital aerodynamic analysis (CFD) to show an aerodynamic efficiency gain.

The only downside is the cost.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi