Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Superlight Titanium Lug Nut Set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
$450
fits all Tesla's

IMG_3388.JPG

What is the point of these? I get they are a cosmetic upgrade to the standard silver lugs. But you cover them with a plastic cap and dont see them anyways. Are you suppose to leave off the lug nut covers so everyone can see you have special lug nuts?

these dont work with OEM wheels.

they are tapered seat for aftermarket wheels, titanium for lighter weight

Why wouldnt they work with OEM wheels? OEM lugs are tapered. While technically lighter, a 40gram weight savings isn't going to matter.

you are right, they are tapered. i must of been thinking of another car.

i mean if this aint your thing then so be it. you're basically asking why people change their wheels to lighter ones, etc. its all personal preference

you are right, they are tapered. i must of been thinking of another car.

i mean if this aint your thing then so be it. you're basically asking why people change their wheels to lighter ones, etc. its all personal preference
I 100% understand why people switch to lighter wheels. The Unplugged Performance UP-03 wheels save 20lbs per wheel. That weight savings helps with performance and range. But $450 lug nuts shave off 0.4lbs, not 20lbs. Titanium lugnuts are purely cosmetic. I am also 100% on board with cosmetic modifications. Just seems weird to do a cosmetic modification, then put a lug nut cover over it.

I 100% understand why people switch to lighter wheels. The Unplugged Performance UP-03 wheels save 20lbs per wheel. That weight savings helps with performance and range. But $450 lug nuts shave off 0.4lbs, not 20lbs. Titanium lugnuts are purely cosmetic. I am also 100% on board with cosmetic modifications. Just seems weird to do a cosmetic modification, then put a lug nut cover over it.
I just installed the same lugs on my aftermarket wheels and you never would cover them up. I got them because I can and didn't see any other lugs on the market that looked nice and worked with my aftermarket wheels.
8AD3C8C2-8CC6-49EE-8340-1867B5197F4D.jpeg61E5BCB5-9DA5-42D9-B03F-3B389E25E412.jpeg