Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update from Tesla on Track Mode Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that a feature that comes with the car is specifically excluded from the warranty. I'm interested to hear others opinions and reports of any failures and how Tesla took care of them or didn't.

Do you mind screen shotting the email so we have a record?

"If an incident occurs while using track mode that is not covered in the warranty"

This was from Tesla over email when I asked. Operative word here is WHILE.
Interesting that a feature that comes with the car is specifically excluded from the warranty. I'm interested to hear others opinions and reports of any failures and how Tesla took care of them or didn't.

Do you mind screen shotting the email so we have a record?

Not much different than other warranties in regards to off-road use etc. My ‘03 Mustang Cobra owners manual had a section on track use. It read something like this:

“If you track your car consider the use of upgraded brake pads. As well a differential cooler is required. If you track your car without a differential cooler the differential will fail.”
“Please note any track use of your car will invalidate the factory warranty.”

This issue has been beaten to death on hundreds of forums over the years. Argue all you want but the bottom line is “Use at your own risk”. Be aware as well that Tesla, unlike in the past, most likely has the ability through data logs to know the exact location of your vehicle when a particular failure occurs. Hard to argue a warranty claim for a failure that occurred during heavy braking for corner 8.