Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50k bumper to bumper warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I have a service ticket open and the service reps are saying my requests are not covered under the basic warranty. Currently at 48k miles, 2021 Model 3 SR. Here are my issues:

1. the front passenger glass makes a noise and shakes the speaker slightly when closing/opening.
2. there is a piece of rubber trim that is protruding out above the glass on the rear driver side.

The estimate is $480!

I asked why in the app and they responded: "the concern relating to the seal is not covered by the warranty as this is a cosmetic concern and not a functionality issue. The noise concern for the window - noise concerns that require adjustment or insulation are not covered under warranty BUT if we have to replace a part to resolve the concern, it will be covered."

I have had several service repairs performed without paying including getting my 12v battery changed at like 30k miles. It seems way out of left field for Tesla to suddenly say my concerns are not covered under the warranty.

Personally, and I have done this before, I would show up at the service department and have a little "mano-a-mano" chat with the service manager. They hold a lot of discretionary power. When treated respectfully, they can perform miracles. I have experienced this firsthand after discovery a nick they put in the internal lip of my rear passenger door when replacing the window strip. they repainted and blended that chip on their dime. good peeps. worth a try.

Reactions: Phyzi Driver
Personally, and I have done this before, I would show up at the service department and have a little "mano-a-mano" chat with the service manager. They hold a lot of discretionary power. When treated respectfully, they can perform miracles. I have experienced this firsthand after discovery a nick they put in the internal lip of my rear passenger door when replacing the window strip. they repainted and blended that chip on their dime. good peeps. worth a try.
Do I still have to approve the estimate? I don't feel comfortable dishing out $480...

Reactions: Soul Surfer