Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded heat pump?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had quite low temperatures for the past month I Sweden and a lot of 2021 Teslas with heat pump have lost heating, my car included. When it was fixed by Tesla I asked If it was a ”upgraded“ version of the heat pump that was fitted but I didn't get a satisfying answer. Anybody that can Shed some light on the subject?

We had quite low temperatures for the past month I Sweden and a lot of 2021 Teslas with heat pump have lost heating, my car included. When it was fixed by Tesla I asked If it was a ”upgraded“ version of the heat pump that was fitted but I didn't get a satisfying answer. Anybody that can Shed some light on the subject?
What temperature centigrade is considered "quite low" for you?

Are you inferring the cycle parameters have been changed in subsequent heat pump releases to accomodate lower temperature operation? And if yes, what is the cutoff manufacturing date and manufacturing location you are referencing?

AFAIK the issue has nothing to do with the heat pump, but rather failed temperature sensors. The failing temperature sensors essentially causes the heat pump to be destroyed.

You can see this thread for further details. In the US, there was a TSB to replace the sensors, but it is unclear if they are just replacing them with the same ones or improved ones.
2021 Model 3 Heater blowing cold air

Reactions: XPsionic
AFAIK the issue has nothing to do with the heat pump, but rather failed temperature sensors. The failing temperature sensors essentially causes the heat pump to be destroyed.

You can see this thread for further details. In the US, there was a TSB to replace the sensors, but it is unclear if they are just replacing them with the same ones or improved ones.
2021 Model 3 Heater blowing cold air
Thanks for the reply.

Could this be a factor in getting the extended warranty, or this was a real recall with no miles limits? How were you notified?
This is the recall:

I believe I got a letter about this in the mail.

Reactions: bluestreak55