Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upper control arm making same noise 2000 miles after repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my upper control arm repair for noise after 48,000 miles under warranty, now with just over 50,000 miles same exact noise at the exact same times and the estimate is for $827.37. Has anyone else have this happened?

There have been a number of people reporting this (noise coming back after bandaid fixes or with new FUCAs in a few K miles). What people are calling FUCA revisions are less so revisions, more supplier and sometimes component material/source changes...

Tesla has not fundamentally redesigned these parts or taken a serious stab at trying to fix the underlying shortcoming causing premature wear. Their FUCAs (revision A to K to Z) will continue to fail well into expired-warranty territory. The heaps of spent FUCAs at your local SC are a testament to this. They dont care.

This is disconcerting. Going in for service for this exact repair. New FUCAs just prior to my warranty expiring in 2 months. Hope they last. At that price if not and it returns going with MPPs. I’ll be out of warranty at that point anyway.

Ski

Apparently there is yet another version of the UCA. Silver cast iron!
From install instructions:
“…For newer front upper control arms (newer arms are silver cast iron; older arms are black stamped steel)…”

1659189932973.png

Apparently there is yet another version of the UCA. Silver cast iron!
From install instructions:
“…For newer front upper control arms (newer arms are silver cast iron; older arms are black stamped steel)…”

View attachment 834589
What revision number? I’m getting -J (At least that’s what they have for part numbers in the estimate/work order). Which I believe is still the black stamped steel.

Wonder what the Cast Iron costs OTD (for DIY out of warranty)?

Ski