Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A rattling noise from the front when going over bumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rattling noise from the front when going over bumps, especially combined with downhill (or large sharp bump).

Any clue...? It happened after replacing the front upper control arm, fore link, front suspension aft link, and front stabilizer bar to resolve a different issue (creaking noise). I visited the service center several times, and they tried different things, but no luck.

This only happens very occasionally, so it doesn't bother me that much, I don't mind riding with it, but I'm still curious so I'm posting this.

Rattling noise from the front when going over bumps, especially combined with downhill (or large sharp bump).

Any clue...? It happened after replacing the front upper control arm, fore link, front suspension aft link, and front stabilizer bar to resolve a different issue (creaking noise). I visited the service center several times, and they tried different things, but no luck.

This only happens very occasionally, so it doesn't bother me that much, I don't mind riding with it, but I'm still curious so I'm posting this.
I experienced similar rattle at a X -2018 mod gone 68000 Km. I have driven Cayenne for 10 years and isues like this is unknown for Cayenne for a almost new car at 68 000Km. Its called very low level of Quality- design flauw = A design that fails to meet requirements or to serve customers need. A flawed design can result in unstable and unusable product. I think Tesla X brand value is totally destoyed, pulverized with these X issues.
Having clients arguing with Tesla service about this inside or right outside warranty window. Squared service managers trying to save some few money, but pulverize Trust & Integrity of X for the rest of Teslas life. Now top managers has to wake up and do something before all Branding value of X is lost, even if that means exhanging gimbal drive shafts for years, until design FLAWS are corrected

The Tesla servicecenter solved this rattle on X issue excellently. And It has to be done that way for a car at 68 000 km. It is too early to have serious mechanical issues on a quality car like Tesla X

Ant carrier quick well enough to tell, but my 2018 X developed a kind of almost clunking sound. Turned out that whoever had replaced all the suspension parts in the front, with something third party, hasn't tightened all the bolts properly. Does the charge me $100 to torque them all to the proper specs. Problem gone!