Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upper Control Arm Replacement: Mobile Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can mobile service replace it (SC is 5 hours away)?

Having removed FUCA on the way to installing Ohlins coilovers on my car, I can confidently say that the job can be done with just a jack in ~45 minutes / side. A lift is not needed, a jack will suffice. It's an extremely simple bolt-off / bolt-on job, with all torque settings listed on Tesla's web site.
Whether or not Tesla mobile service will be assigned to do that job, or they will ask you to drive to a SC, is another question altogether. Why not schedule the appointment, and ask for mobile service? If they refuse, cancel the appointment!

Alternatively, buy two FUCAs, and either install them yourself, or have a local independent mechanic do it for you. With SC 5 hours away, you REALLY need to find a local trustworthy independent shop to keep your Model 3 going into perpetuity.

HTH,
a

P.S.: Here is a link to an illustrated manual for c/o install that lists FUCA removal/reinstall steps.

Why not schedule the appointment, and ask for mobile service? If they refuse, cancel the appointment!
After injecting some grease to confirm my diagnosis, that's what I'll do. If mobile is a no go, I'll look into an local shop or make the trip.

I looked at the UCA and saw that Tesla had put a lot of sealant on it, but apparently that wasn't enough to keep it from happening.

I may just inject grease every 4K miles or so, based on this EXCELLENT video:

Last edited: