Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US S.3559 115th Congress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You certainly know how to put words into other people's mouths. assumptions aplenty here

Not putting anything into other's mouths. Just applying the same sort of thinking to the rest of government operations and rationale. If the result is unpalatable, then maybe the problem is the logic involved here.

People who call for a "free market" in some specific area often simply don't realize that we seldom have truly free markets. There are rules, regulations and taxes or incentives in nearly every aspect of our economy. Why single out any one as being not a "free market"?

Not putting anything into other's mouths. Just applying the same sort of thinking to the rest of government operations and rationale. If the result is unpalatable, then maybe the problem is the logic involved here.

People who call for a "free market" in some specific area often simply don't realize that we seldom have truly free markets. There are rules, regulations and taxes or incentives in nearly every aspect of our economy. Why single out any one as being not a "free market"?

Who cares about applying thinking and all that jazz.

What are the facts that don't require thinking and lets do something about it.

People have enough to do without having to come up with stuff.

The fact of this thread is that something needs to be done about the fight against those who oppose EV's. -Simple.

Who cares about applying thinking and all that jazz.

<.... snip ....>

The fact of this thread is that something needs to be done about the fight against those who oppose EV's. -Simple.

Huh? I'm confused with this sentence, it's really a double negative, "fight against those who oppose". So you want to stop the people who are fighting those who oppose EVs? I'm not sure who either of these groups are! Who is opposing EVs and who is fighting them?

Huh? I'm confused with this sentence, it's really a double negative, "fight against those who oppose". So you want to stop the people who are fighting those who oppose EVs? I'm not sure who either of these groups are! Who is opposing EVs and who is fighting them?

Geesh...are you kidding?

Fight against those who oppose EV's is extremely simple.

If you fight against those who oppose you....then you are fighting against your enemies.

Get it?

Geesh...are you kidding?

Fight against those who oppose EV's is extremely simple.

If you fight against those who oppose you....then you are fighting against your enemies.

Get it?

You didn't say to fight. You said, "something needs to be done". So I was trying to understand if you were fer or agin. At least one person here said he opposes the incentives. Now I know you oppose those who oppose incentives for EVs. Got it!

I never said "free market". Are you sure you are responding to my posts?

That's not a "free market"? What is it then?
That is a mixed market. We have a mixed market economy in this country. This country was established as a mixed market. I never used the term 'free market'. I'm not sure how referring
to the 'market' that we currently have is taken to mean free market. Maybe my posts need footnotes.

1. I do not like the gov't subsidizing products
*This does not mean i want some silly idea of a free market economy with no gov't protection, yet you somehow went there
2. I do not like the gov't picking winners and losers
*Why do ethanol or oil producers get billions in subsidies? They lobby congress.. and congress picks winners and losers. How many billions have been wasted on ethanol? Just because
I said I don't like something doesn't mean I want it eliminated completely. All it means is that I don't like it. how many other members of this forum support oil and gas subsidies? Not many.

Do you pop into the democracy threads and point out that we are a representative democracy?

Ethanol is actually easily made from a byproduct of corn for animal feed. Once they extract what they want for the feed what is leftover can be fermented and then distilled to make ethanol. Even though it's using a waste product, it may be a money losing project without government subsidies.

But that is a different subject...

That is a mixed market. We have a mixed market economy in this country. This country was established as a mixed market. I never used the term 'free market'. I'm not sure how referring
to the 'market' that we currently have is taken to mean free market. Maybe my posts need footnotes.

1. I do not like the gov't subsidizing products
*This does not mean i want some silly idea of a free market economy with no gov't protection, yet you somehow went there
2. I do not like the gov't picking winners and losers
*Why do ethanol or oil producers get billions in subsidies? They lobby congress.. and congress picks winners and losers. How many billions have been wasted on ethanol? Just because
I said I don't like something doesn't mean I want it eliminated completely. All it means is that I don't like it. how many other members of this forum support oil and gas subsidies? Not many.

Do you pop into the democracy threads and point out that we are a representative democracy?

I'm not sure what the point of your stating your dislikes was then. Is there something substantive you wish to say? I'm not sure anyone cares if you like tea vs. coffee, etc.

My point is that the government incentivizes many things. You say you don't like the government "subsidizing" products, but the EV incentive is not unique in any way. It is just very visible.

Ethanol is actually easily made from a byproduct of corn for animal feed. Once they extract what they want for the feed what is leftover can be fermented and then distilled to make ethanol. Even though it's using a waste product, it may be a money losing project without government subsidies.

But that is a different subject...

Uh, I don't know how you can call it a "waste" product. The starch is what is used to produce ethanol and is not a "byproduct". It is used for human food. Ever read how something is sweetened with "corn syrup"? That's made from cornstarch. The starch is a polysaccharide and is the primary "energy" component of corn. Not a byproduct.

I read this too and I agree they should get rid of the tax credit, but if and only if they stop the gas/oil subsidies as well.
Exactly.
I bought a Model S P100D, and got the full credit. But I would get rid of the tax break if I had the power, even if it took away my benefit.
It is welfare for rich bastards.

You want to increase EV sales? Increase taxes on gas and diesel and the market will make EVs more economically viable on its own.

Reactions: Glamisduner