Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB device malfunction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6CABCA25-80E5-4028-AA66-B23BFBD33172.jpeg
Hi guys
I got this error massage.
But there’s nothing plugged in.
Anyone having this issue?
What to do?

Thank you

That happened to me when I used a SD card + USB reader instead of the stock Tesla silver USB stick (in the glovebox). The SD card USB thingy either could not keep up with the constant writes, overheated, or something else when wrong.

If that is happening with the stock USB stick it might be corrupted or need a format or need a replacement.

Upvote 0
My Y is a few weeks from one year anniversary. Anything plugged into the usb slots causes the “black screen” death requiring re- boot. It has been to the SC twice with no results. “known firmware issue and we are working on it.” The message on the screen is new. It showed up a few months ago. I check after every update, hoping for a resolution. I’m resolved nothing is going to change without a new CPU, which they won’t do.

Upvote 0
That happened to me when I used a SD card + USB reader instead of the stock Tesla silver USB stick (in the glovebox). The SD card USB thingy either could not keep up with the constant writes, overheated, or something else when wrong.

If that is happening with the stock USB stick it might be corrupted or need a format or need a replacement.
Ditto last month. My microSD card reader failed in the glove box port and triggered the “center console” error. Memory card itself was still good but the card reader probably overheated. Switched back to an SSD and all has been well.

Reactions: voxel
Upvote 0
That's probably the same issue that many of us are having. See this post:

Upvote 0