Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB for both TeslaCam and Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you found any way to send screenshots, videos, or textual feedback to anyone at Tesla that can do anything? The local Service Center couldn't tell me. When I was complaining about phantom braking last November the rep said via the Tesla app, "I will send this up my avenue as well to get it in front of engineering." What did I expect at the time? Zero. What have I heard since then? Zero.
TBH, I have given up on Tesla listening to any individual's complaints. I'm sure if I (and many others) submitted service requests for things, it might help make it more of a collective (larger) issue and MAYBE move things along, but I just don't have the time and energy to pursue it.
BTW, do you know how to take a screenshot of the Tesla screen and have that saved to your USB stick? It sucks to have to use a smartphone or other camera, since the car is a computer with a screen and every computer I've had for the last few decades has been able to take a screenshot. I've read Tesla can do it remotely, so of course the capability exists - for them. It would be great to have a voice command like "Screenshot to USB".
I am unaware of one.
Does Tesla just lurk here and on Reddit, Twitter, etc. to find out what the problems are? 🤖
I appreciate your optimism, but I highly doubt it.

• Helpful
Reactions: electrons4u
The USB playback UI could be improved, but at least it works. Sometimes when I get back in the car after being out of it a while, it forgets that it was on USB playback and switches to one of the streaming channels I had favorited 3 months ago. So I have to hit the USB button, which is a customizable button now and I put it on the bottom bar.

Hey,

i read the entire page of posts, do you know if there is any solution for this issue yet?

Thanks.

The only issue I have now is when I get out and lock the car, it will not start playing the song that was playing when I got out of the car. I have a spinning wheel on the screen where the song info should be and I have to manually select the USB icon to start a song.

Hey,

i read the entire page of posts, do you know if there is any solution for this issue yet?

You must have skipped page 2 as I answered this in post #31

Yes you can put everything on a single drive but it has to have certain partitions separated.
Windows 10 or Mac can do it all natively with no 3rd party apps.
  • Create an exFAT partition named TESLADRIVE with folders named TeslaCam and TeslaTrackMode
  • Create an exFAT partition named whatever with folders Music and Boombox
  • Create a very small FAT32 partition (can be <<100Mb) with a folder named LightShow
  • This covers all possible USB functions, omit any that you don't use
I think all the 2021's have active USB and if you change your music files often it may be preferable to try to use a second drive in the center console. If so, consider something like this instead of an adapter:
I have been unable to get a USB (128GB) stick to be recognized in my 2024 M3 with Audio files on it. I partitioned the USB stick into TESLADRIVE with subfolder TeslaCam and a 2nd partition with AUDIO and sub-folders AUDIO, Hi-Res Audio and Boombox. The Car doesn’t see the USB on the Screen nor does the dash cam function. It is “X’d off”. A stick with only the Audio on it is recognized (USB in menu) and the Original Tesla USB stick(128GB) works fine for the Dash Cam, only.