Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB formatting problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I tried to follow the instructions to set up my 64GB usb drive for dashcam and sentry mode. I was following the instructions from SomeJoe7777 in this thread [V9] How to Format USB into 2 Partitions for DashCam and Music [Windows] . I did step 4 and deleted the volume. I could not find diskpart.exe and now I have a usb drive that has nothing on it and I don't know what to do next. I just want to partition it to FAT32 and maybe set up 2 partitions(TeslaCam and music). I've tried a few programs in other threads but nothing is working. I have a Win 10 computer.

So, you typed in diskpart.exe into the windows command prompt, and nothing popped up?

Not really sure how to get to the windows command prompt. I clicked on the Windows icon in the lower left, then settings, then search settings. I do not see a magnifying glass. I tried using Macrorit Fat32 converter and Ridgecorp FAT32 Format but neither worked.

Try typing it here:
2019-02-27_13-46-23.jpg

Or clicking here, and then type it in:
2019-02-27_13-47-02.jpg

Or you can do press the windows icon and then type cmd. This will bring up the command prompt, where you can then type in diskpart.exe

Thanks all. I ran diskpart.exe but only 1 of the 2 created partitions was in RAW. The other is in exFAT. So only the RAW one was converted to FAT32. It is a 64 GB USB drive and the converted partition is 16GB, exFAT partition is 43GB. How can I increase the FAT32 partition to at least 32GB or higher if possible? I will be using this partition for Teslacam and Sentry mode. I would like to have a separate partition for music that I may use down the road. I don't have a lot of music so I only probably need maybe 5-10GB for that.

Thanks all. I ran diskpart.exe but only 1 of the 2 created partitions was in RAW. The other is in exFAT. So only the RAW one was converted to FAT32. It is a 64 GB USB drive and the converted partition is 16GB, exFAT partition is 43GB. How can I increase the FAT32 partition to at least 32GB or higher if possible? I will be using this partition for Teslacam and Sentry mode. I would like to have a separate partition for music that I may use down the road. I don't have a lot of music so I only probably need maybe 5-10GB for that.
Redo all the steps and instead of 16384 as the partition size, do 32768.

• Helpful
Reactions: rlb4
I re-did all of the steps. This time I increased the primary partition size to 32768 and also clicked cancel when it asked me to format. Everything went perfectly. I have 2 partitions in FAT32, TESLACAM 32GB and MUSIC 27GB. I don't really need 27 GB for music so eventually I would like to increase the TESLACAM partition size if that is possible.

I re-did all of the steps. This time I increased the primary partition size to 32768 and also clicked cancel when it asked me to format. Everything went perfectly. I have 2 partitions in FAT32, TESLACAM 32GB and MUSIC 27GB. I don't really need 27 GB for music so eventually I would like to increase the TESLACAM partition size if that is possible.

Increase the size of the partition another 16384 or by multiples of 1024 until you have the size you want.