Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music : multiple genres per file?

I have a Model X on order and am trying to get ready for delivery.

Considering how pathetic Tesla's support for 'local' music is, I am guessing the answer to this question is no: If a FLAC or MP3 is tagged with multiple genres will the USB music interface show the track under each genre? If so, is there a specific format the genre tag needs to be in? foobar2k, for example, wants to put a ';' between each genre in the tag.

TIA

On my first car with USB support I used a Favorites folder instead of making play lists. My last car did not allow one to use folders. Only albums, artists, or songs. The USB in the MX has a listing for folders but ignores any folders without an album or artist name. Is recognizing other folders all that difficult?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC