Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music random behaviour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The quality of the premium sound system is so good that I find myself sitting on the drive before any substantial journey fiddling around to resume what I last listened to. The same music via Spotify sounds quite inferior, as does via bluetooth from the phone (naturally)

It's such a frustrating and unnecessary waste of time. Surely far more actual Tesla drivers mostly listen to music & don't want games whereas I suppose the juvenile programmers do the opposite & few of us would want to listen to their music anyway.
Love the quality of the sound system too but out of curiosity, can you hear any difference between 320 mp3 vs FLAC? My ears can’t…

Love the quality of the sound system too but out of curiosity, can you hear any difference between 320 mp3 vs FLAC? My ears can’t…
I would love to say that FLAC sounds 'better' than mp3 in my car but no, I'm afraid I can't. They both sound great & I play mostly FLAC because that's the digital file quality I already use on my home HiFi system.

A car environment is always going to be more compromised than a dedicated listening room and as the car is moving most of the time, other noises intrude anyway.

I would love to say that FLAC sounds 'better' than mp3 in my car but no, I'm afraid I can't. They both sound great & I play mostly FLAC because that's the digital file quality I already use on my home HiFi system.

A car environment is always going to be more compromised than a dedicated listening room and as the car is moving most of the time, other noises intrude anyway.
Thanks
That’s the way I feel as well. FLAC for home (and I haven’t started building out my home hifi yet) and 320 mp3 or aac for anything else…