Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used inventory from Tesla - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

I’m in the market for a used model X however it saddens me that the greatest company in the universe would put their brand image out for everyone to see with their used inventory for sale. For instance, on their website they have several X’s for the selling prices of anywhere between $75k-85k with chewed up seat belt bases, scratched and dented panels, and ripped vegan leather seats all as “disclaimers” evidently (which is how I view it).

Does Tesla blatantly ignore these types of cosmetic issues for their used inventory fleet? Are they possibly covering up the more serious issues like MCU failure or shudder/drivetrain known concerns? I mean, shouldn’t they spend a little more effort or time in the used parts bin in order to elevate the preowned/used fleet back to standard & sub par before asking people like myself to spend a good chunk of change on a used Tesla?

I’m undecided on picking up a late used model or just waiting it out next year for the tri-motor design/plaid. Thanks everyone for your input and comments!

Tesla isn’t in the used car business. They just don’t care about consumers in that space.

I bought a CPO from them back when the program existed and I would never buy another used vehicle from them.

• Informative
Reactions: jet44