Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used MX - Software versions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering purchasing an used MX. I realize the 2.0 Hardware was introduced in/around October 2016. I am using ev-cpo to search but am confused around the AP software options that are shown there.

What does AP software = Base, No AP, AP, EAP etc mean? I do understand the EAP and FSD versions but am lost when I see Base,No AP, etc. The features we are interested in are Navigate on Autopilot and Summon and I think this is avaiable in FSD only. For this should I be looking at software that says = EAP ? and pay the $3000 for FSD upgrade? Or if I choose a Base- software I pay $6000 ($3000 to EAP and then $3000 to FSD) ?

Thanks for your help.

upload_2019-7-29_9-12-46.png

@Troy produced the image below... I think it applies more for new car purchases, but it might help clear things up a little bit.

Last week Tesla started removing EAP and FSD options from all used MS/MX cars. That just leaves "AP" which is "A" below. It's always in a state of flux with Tesla. My suggestion is to find a car that meets all your other criteria, and then contact Tesla directly to find out what your AP options are for that specific car. Then get it in writing. Because Tesla changes the options and the rules so often now with respect to free supercharging and Autopilot, I can only have EV-CPO display what's in the data stream from Tesla.. as for what that actually means, it's hard to say. Sorry I wish I could be of more assistance. If anyone else has any additional information, please share.

Troy Teslike on Twitter
D1vWnrNWwAAGMuh

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA
I wonder if this part of a larger initiative to charge all purchasers for FSD, even if they collected it from previous owners. It be a source of revenue for them or it could be a way to offer cars cheaper and let the new owner decide if they want to pay for that feature. This is all speculation on my part.