Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Plaid market... Are 2021 Model to avoid ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For 950.00 you can get a Glossy or Matte Carbon Fiber overlay kit that is easy to install and looks like OEM.
Personally I like the gloss instead of the matte except for the front console piece in matte that I like better.
The front console piece is extra and not in the kit.

My comment was regarding the Plaid's that were built before the carbon trim was perfected. These have a laundry list of flaws and missing parts. Most were sold to employees and now are old enough for resale. A little more than 1000 cars in that group and the long range are harder to identify.

Reactions: Made in CA
My comment was regarding the Plaid's that were built before the carbon trim was perfected. These have a laundry list of flaws and missing parts. Most were sold to employees and now are old enough for resale. A little more than 1000 cars in that group and the long range are harder to identify.
Mine is a dec 2021 car and had the dark oak trim and it was fine but I like the gloss Carbon Fiber better.
The Tesla CF is matte which doesn't look as nice to me.

What are the first three of the last six digits of the VIN? Higher than 430?

It's a Plaid.
I wasn't interested in a Long Range.
I only bought it for it's insane acceleration as a Muscle Car.
My previous vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk with the 707 hp Hellcat engine.
Unfortunately it got written off in a not at my fault accident when a guy pit maneuvered
me into a guard rail changing lanes at the last second to get back on the highway at a 2 lane exit.
The Plaid is the EV version of the Classic American Muscle Car.
A big engine in a passenger production car.

Last edited:
That makes more sense. That car was likely wholesaled to Carmax by Tesla. Have you ever looked up the ownership history in Autochex or Carfax?
No I think it was a 1 owner car.
I haven't had any issues in 8k miles.
I put 12k into it upgrading the stereo with subs and CF and skirts rear spoiler and wheels .

Midranges

Tweeters

AL Priority Laser Jammers

V1 Radar Detector

It's even more Awesome now with the extra 1000 watts rms of tunes.
Super Muscle Car need Super Muscle Stereo

Last edited: