Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Alexa ECHO DOT 2nd Gen to provide Sirius, Garage Door and Other

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new here and please be gentle. I have only owned my model 3 for 4 days and driven it 25 miles, thus far. I love this car even more than I ever imagined, I would/could !!

So, I control my entire home via Alexa, including the Home's Security system, lights, Garage door, almost everything in the house inc music and other.. Since my Model 3 is a Standard Range Plus, without some features of other model 3s, I installed Amazon Alexa in my Model 3 and also, a Verizon MIFI device providing Wifi 24/7. I have Sirius, Amazon music/Other streaming services and garage door whole house control in my Model 3.

The MIFI devices and Alexa Echo DOT 2nd Gen are "plugged" into the 12V un-switched outlet in the console. I leave both the MIFI and Alexa plugged in 24/7.

Should I be concerned about draining the 12V battery? Both devices remain cool to the touch and pull very little current. Can someone help answer this question, please.

Thank you!