Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3SR 1000 mile review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try different insurance providers. Rates vary significantly.

The charge port *does* unlock when the car is unlocked, but it doesn't automatically open. Press on the charge port door to open it. The button on a Tesla plug would open it too if you had one.
I used a broker to find my current company. All the rates just suck for me, thanks to two teens.

I just locked my car and tried the door--it really won't open with my phone in my pocket unless the car is expressly unlocked first. I don't use a tesla plug, so I don't benefit from its button unfortunately.

Try different insurance providers. Rates vary significantly.

The charge port *does* unlock when the car is unlocked, but it doesn't automatically open. Press on the charge port door to open it. The button on a Tesla plug would open it too if you had one.
That, actually, is my issue with it. The port doesn't open by touch when parked in my garage (unlocked) while the car is sleeping. I have to "wake it up" by either: using the app, use a Tesla charger with unlock button (don't have), or as I do, open and shut the rear door to wake the car up. It's not a big deal, but just an unnecessary extra step that could be eliminated by making the charge port door purely mechanical, like a gas cap. But then we wouldn't be able to impress our friends with the voice command "open butthole". Long story on the car insurance thing, but here in "Kalifornia" shopping around is a pita if you need Homeowners and Auto. I gave up a really good auto rate with Wawanesa and went with AAA because they had a better combined rate for both, but the first time I made a change by buying the Tesla, they really screwed me with that 800.00 increase. The old bait and switch routine.

Reactions: EatsShoots
I'm with you on the parking sensors. They're all but useless, especially when you consider how vulnerable to damage the bumpers are.

And the lack of two key driver assistance features:
- Rear cross-traffic alert and
- Blind Spot Monitoring

... is really hard to get used to after having them for years on "lesser" cars. They should be mandatory on all cars.

And it's difficult to believe Tesla can't implement some kind of "bird's-eye view" camera system like MANY other cars now have. I LOVE that feature and once said I'd never have another car without it. I broke my vow with the Tesla and miss that feature every day.

I don't understand your comment on the charge port, though. Press the button on the charger cable "plug" and the door pops open.
Yeah, the rear cross traffic alert can be useful--especially in parking garages. Had that feature in my Bolt EUV, and got saved by it once.
I'm now freshly into a '23 Tesla M3 std. Pleased with the price (mid 30s for a demo with 4 miles on it) and a generous trade in.
I find the quietest driving mode is the "comfort". I found the standard gives you excessive road noise on noisy stretches of the highway.
Pickup and handling good enough for me--about the same as my old Boxster. But without that 5 speed stick which was a pain in suburban driving.
I've had two Bolt EVs since '19, an EV and a EUV. The M3 is a better car. An EV which handles like a Boxster and is more or less a computer on wheels.
P.S. Just connected my wireless this morning. I can get updates parked in my garage, but how does wireless work on the road (maybe it doesn't unless you hit a hotspot). Still a Tesla newbie.