Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using tires with different wear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model 3 Performance. I bent 2 wheels on a pothole. I bought some wheels that had used tires on them and the fronts have about 5-6/32nds and the rears have 11/32nds on them. Would it really hurt the car if I put them on to drive 70 miles to work and to the tire shop after to get new tires?

Solution
Tesla Model 3 Performance. I bent 2 wheels on a pothole. I bought some wheels that had used tires on them and the fronts have about 5-6/32nds and the rears have 11/32nds on them. Would it really hurt the car if I put them on to drive 70 miles to work and to the tire shop after to get new tires?
  1. No, this is normal.
  2. You will have EXACTLY that situation after a year of spirited driving (rear tires wear more than the fronts).
  3. Put the more worn-out tires upfront, and the rears will match their wear rate before too much longer!
HTH,
a

P.S.: You can fix bent wheels here (or similar near you): Wheel repair, refurbishment and remanufacture by Wheels America
P.P.S.: Tesla wheels suck. They are heavy and soft, and...
  1. No, this is normal.
  2. You will have EXACTLY that situation after a year of spirited driving (rear tires wear more than the fronts).
  3. Put the more worn-out tires upfront, and the rears will match their wear rate before too much longer!
HTH,
a

P.S.: You can fix bent wheels here (or similar near you): Wheel repair, refurbishment and remanufacture by Wheels America
P.P.S.: Tesla wheels suck. They are heavy and soft, and not that cheap to boot (actually, they are cheap, but Tesla rips off the owners). Sooner or later you will want to upgrade to lighter and stronger wheels. I did just that, by buying these: https://apexwheels.com/vehicles/tes...Size=19x95-et29&rearQty=2&rearSize=19x95-et29

Upvote 0
Solution
  1. No, this is normal.
HTH,
a

P.P.S.: Tesla wheels suck. They are heavy and soft, and not that cheap to boot (actually, they are cheap, but Tesla rips off the owners). Sooner or later you will want to upgrade to lighter and stronger wheels. I did just that, by buying these: https://apexwheels.com/vehicles/tes...Size=19x95-et29&rearQty=2&rearSize=19x95-et29
Thank you so much! I actually bought Ford focus RS forged wheels because they're lighter and stronger lol

Upvote 0
  1. No, this is normal.
HTH,
a

I also forgot to mention that the tires are 235/35R19 so slightly less diameter than the stocks.

Upvote 0