Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valuable Range Information (For different models and speeds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This appears to have most models but I don't see Model 3 Standard Range Plus on the list. I'm planning a trip from Fresno to Las Vegas and the Mojave Supercharger is 180 miles away from my house. Someone on another thread suggested that my model 3 standard range plus would only get 150 miles of range at 80mph but this table seems to suggests I would get much higher? Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190411-101031.png
    Screenshot_20190411-101031.png
    869 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Dre78
Go to the car, push the right steering button Say Navigate to Las Vegas. It will then think and then tell if what to do to get to the destination.

But yes, if you take a little lead off the foot, slowing from 80 to 70 is going to be about 10% range.
@Ajlepore -- 18" Aero or 19" Sport wheel/tires?

If 18", the car prediction will likely be pretty close if you keep it between 65-70 and there's no wind or harsh weather.

but this table seems to suggests I would get much higher? Thoughts?
Unless the author recently changed it, I disagree with a fundamental, non-conservative assumption he made when calculating the Model 3 range data in that table. He inferred, based on a picture in the EPA submission, that the EPA range data is calibrated for when aero covers are removed from the 18" wheels. Therefore, he added more range when the aero covers are installed. This could cause a 5-8% discrepancy between this table and reality at highway speeds.