Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Vanity" tesla logo's for Powerwall gateway or Sub panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3 / Y, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
As per title, I am thinking of putting a tesla logo on the tesla gateway (grey box) and backup loads panel (another grey box) just from a "spruce it up a bit" perspective.

The powerwalls themselves look pretty darn cool all by their lonesome, but I wanted to put some sort of tesla logo on the loads panel and gateway. 99% for vanity purposes for me, but would also show that all those pieces are part of the powerwall install.

Question is, has anyone purchased logos for these items, and if so, which ones did you go with? Amazon has a million different sellers for them, and its hard to see quality or size easily there. Was hoping someone would say "oh yeah I bought these ones (link) or something.

I know it sounds silly, but the powerwalls on the wall look so cool I want to spruce up the other items as well. Looking for something for the two grey boxes in the left corner of the pic below:

Powerwall.JPG

Reactions: Akikiki
As per title, I am thinking of putting a tesla logo on the tesla gateway (grey box) and backup loads panel (another grey box) just from a "spruce it up a bit" perspective.

The powerwalls themselves look pretty darn cool all by their lonesome, but I wanted to put some sort of tesla logo on the loads panel and gateway. 99% for vanity purposes for me, but would also show that all those pieces are part of the powerwall install.

Question is, has anyone purchased logos for these items, and if so, which ones did you go with? Amazon has a million different sellers for them, and its hard to see quality or size easily there. Was hoping someone would say "oh yeah I bought these ones (link) or something.

I know it sounds silly, but the powerwalls on the wall look so cool I want to spruce up the other items as well. Looking for something for the two grey boxes in the left corner of the pic below:

View attachment 509220

I did not put logos for the grey boxes...I went for bigger logos instead.

Your wall looks like my garage, only mine's a bit crowded. So, I painted the opposite wall red and put some logos. :D

I want to paint the powerwall side red but got no time yet, for the all those nooks and crannies.

I wanted a semi permanent mount so I used magnetic tacks, from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZX4YNKP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Bought the logos here:
4 ft TESLA and 2 ft T - make sure order the NEW design T, the old version is not right.

Tesla NEW LOGO Sign Garage Brushed Silver Aluminum Gift Logo 2.0 feet tall

Tesla Letters Sign Garage Brushed Silver Aluminum Gift 4-10ft

20200126_084355.jpg 20200126_084622.jpg 20200131_235955.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 509220

Thanks for the photo! We are in the process of our solar/PW install with estimated intstall date by Tesla sometime mid-March (initial timeframe given). Still unsure of how everything will layout but believe it will be similar to yours on one interior garage wall, at least hoping that will be the case. I know from some other photos of installs that there is a disconnect switch required. Is your's outside by your meter? and curious if you can have it installed inside as well.

My inverters (I have 2) and disconnect switch are on the outside of my garage (basically the same wall my powerwalls and such are on, but on the outside.).

Its very "busy" out there on that outside wall, lol. Especially since where I am seems to require all these red "warning" stickers alerting authorities that I have battery storage and solar on premises. Its outside and on the side of the house though, so it doesnt really bother me (too much, anyway).

There is a disconnect on the outside wall, and there is something up on the roof as well. I dont have microinverters, which is what I would want if I was having it done now, I think.

@jjrandorin, thanks. Our outside panel/meter area has a pretty small footprint as there's a wooden gate that cuts that section off from the backyard. The developer did a nice job of recessing all the panels and equipment boxes inside the wall cavity so hate to trash the wall up with stuff sticking out from the wall so hoping some can be moved inside instead. The outside equipment is viewable from the street so I'd like ot keep it as neat and minimal as possible (cuz I know it will bother me every time I drive up to the house :eek::)). I don't think we'll know anything for sure about placement until the electricians get here. Our Tesla contact seemed to think it would be possible but then no one has been out to the house as we elected to send in photos. We were told that our inverter could be placed inside with the PW, gateway, etc. BTW what's the gray box above your gateway?

We purchased the medium two PW system and were told we'd only needed one inverter for our 24 solar panels -- they recommended a SolarEdge model. As it was explained to us with this inverter and our solar panels any unshaded solar panels can send 100% solar to the inverter while the ones that might eventually be affected by our growning palms will send a reduced rate for the few hours that maybe the case but the inverter will be able to use all the power coming to it. Hope I understand and am relaying that correctly. So much of this is new to us.

Our permit was submitted a while ago and we got email approval (waiting for written) from our HOA. And like you have some garage cleanout/rearranging to do. Super windy here today and in fact some of our neighbors dead tree branches split off (thankfully onto his property) and I've heard of lots of power outage in the SF Bay area. Sure those people that already have their solar/powerwall setups in place are enjoying it today. BTW KCBS just said that in the Tahoe area a wind gust registered something like 200mph which would be considered hurricane if sustained ( Gale-Force Winds Blast Bay Area, Knocking Out Power To Thousands; 209-MPH Gust In Sierra ). Yikes. Hope we don't have to see how anchored our solar panels are to our roof in anything matching those wind speeds. Our local wunderground station has had a high of 30mph gusts and that sounds loud inside the house.

Last edited:
@SMAlset

Do you mean you purchased the "medium" sized solar install? If I remember correctly, you have two teslas (one for both you and your husband) right? The one thing I would say as it relates to solar is to try to buy as close to 100% of your yearly usage as you can. It seems to me that most initial solar quotes size the systems for something like 80% of your yearly usage, and only go higher when you push back or request it.

People almost always use MORE power after they get solar than less, because mentally they say "I have solar so I can run this XXX thing". Does the "medium" sized system cover 100% of your yearly usage? Maybe it does, but it feels unlikely to me, especially with 2 EVs.

Yes, went with their medium solar system with 24 panels. Due to our roof’s dimension and angle of our house Tesla said this is all the panels they can place (their system config is based on using increments of 12 panels). When our current roof is nearing replacement, we’d replace it with solar roof tiles and the warranty on the Q Cells should get us there. Besides who knows how much more efficient solar panels/tiles will be then should we find we want more generating power.

I appreciate the comments on anticipating solar generation usage down the road and yes we do have two cars that charge. However our 2017 MS has free supercharging (fully configured back then except for FSD and ran him almost 100K—before the cost came down quite a bit) so my husband uses that and charging at work. If he ever has to buy another car before we replace our roof with solar tiles, it still probably won’t make a huge difference in our electrical usage as he mostly takes a commuter bus to work during the week. I charge almost exclusive at home.

But funny you asked today about expected total usage. Last night he looked at our latest PG&E electricity bill which was high due to our long cold spell and used that figure to project out a year. Came to something like 8K kWh. Our 24 panels we were told would yield an average of 12K kWh annually so we think we will be good even with summer A/C. If not our grid usage would be well below what we have used in the past. Also hard to say for sure that we won’t move from this house, but right now have no plans for that.

I have the opposite question from the original post: my Powerwalls are located outside and I want to cover the Tesla logo to avoid undue attention. The Tesla logo is kinda like a sign that says "guy with spare cash lives here." Has anybody here found a good cover-up?