Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vegan Leather and dog drool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering what "vegan leather" is made from. I made a huge mistake when I bought a sectional sofa for my man cave and bought "bonded leather". Turns out dog drool permanently stained this stuff.

So how's the M3 vegan leather with regards to dog drool?

I would highly recommend a dog hammock (I got the windowed one from Orvis) and some door protectors for the rear passenger doors. It’s kept the back or my Model 3 protected from my two dogs.

However even with that protection you’re gonna get slobber on some things. I haven’t had dog slobber on my seats or other parts of the rear passenger area do any permanent damage. The seats actually are very easy to clean. When the dog hair is fully vacuumed out of the car (a constant battle...) you can’t tell I ever let dogs in my car.

I made a doggie bib for my Tesla Y. I was alarmed at the inability to get the drool off. I used a beach towel. I cut it to slip over the headrests ... more for the front than back so not exactly half/half. What an invention!

Attachments

• B6E4B781-7B6A-403D-89F3-EBB964C3B99E.jpeg
    B6E4B781-7B6A-403D-89F3-EBB964C3B99E.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 84