Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicles update tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose was to start a thread to monitor progress between versions and announce updates (hardware, software, design, manufacturing, etc) to the Model 3 platform as and when they are discovered/announced/released. Tracking updates in one place will help track the changes for current owners as well as provide insight for future deliveries. Some items were apparently updated in my version of the build - VIN 187xx - and will start out by posting some of my observations:

1. Screen protector - It seems my car came with a pre-installed screen protector from the factory. I don’t know if this is something they are providing for shipping and prepping but it looks like any other aftermarket screen protector. I know Elon said he would provide an screen protector to prevent passengers from being injured in an accident.

2. Trunk molding - my car has updated molding in the roof of the rear trunk by the mesh insert that I saw some discussion about on another thread. I have not seen what the previous version looks like without the molding.

3. Seats - the Model 3 seats seem to have been updated and my car seems to have a newer version of the seats with increased lower thigh support that are also supposedly wider from the reviews I am reading. T-sportline reported this when they discovered the difference while installing their custom white seat covers on a model 3 (YouTube vlogger LikeTesla I believe).

Since the categories can vary from interior, exterior and other categories like software, I decided to post this in the Ordering, Production and Delivery section.

Look forward to hearing from other owners as they discover new Easter eggs and updates on their vehicles.

Reactions: manishee