Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration/ rattle in backseat area of 2023 model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is hard to hear in the video, but mine gets a rattle from the rear deck especially when it's cold out.. best guess from research is that it is a wiring harness but the process to fix looks little too involved for me to bother with.. so crank the tunes.

I have a rattling I thought was in the rear seat area, then thought it was in the B pillar. Turn out it's in the overhead trim section. I push up on that, rattling goes away. It goes away too when I turn the music way up.

I am picking this noise ;)

it most likely will be the rattle of the retainer hole and bi-fold seat "bolt" do not know how to name it the right way.

in short, the hole diameter is slightly bigger than the folding bar/bolt and it rattles.

there is plastic sleeve which is there in order to seal the gap and it sometimes falls off

Reactions: superflyrolla
My model 3 sounds the same, from the second I start rolling to the second I stop. With the exception of when I bring it into service, then it's quiet. I reach back and put pressure on the door panel it stops, after watching one of the videos above I'm tempted to take the panel off and add some double sided tape to it to see if that fixes it.

My model 3 sounds the same, from the second I start rolling to the second I stop. With the exception of when I bring it into service, then it's quiet. I reach back and put pressure on the door panel it stops, after watching one of the videos above I'm tempted to take the panel off and add some double sided tape to it to see if that fixes it.
When I went to service, the tech did fix door handle not seated properly in the panel, but I still have the same noise. Usually when my car is parked under the Sun for a while that’s when the noise comes up

When I went to service, the tech did fix door handle not seated properly in the panel, but I still have the same noise. Usually when my car is parked under the Sun for a while that’s when the noise comes up
After taking my door panel apart, I put double sided tape on all the wire connections that hold it to the door, and I noticed the cable that allows you to open the door without a panel there rattled and made tons of noise, so I double side taped it to the door, it was wrapped in foam, so I taped all the way around it, then stuck it to the door, and that seemed to fix the problem

• Informative
Reactions: XPsionic
After taking my door panel apart, I put double sided tape on all the wire connections that hold it to the door, and I noticed the cable that allows you to open the door without a panel there rattled and made tons of noise, so I double side taped it to the door, it was wrapped in foam, so I taped all the way around it, then stuck it to the door, and that seemed to fix the problem
Nice. I wish I was that handy haha. I have another appointment coming up to check the rattle. I’ll see what they can do. And they have an estimate now for looking at rattles but will waive if it’s due to faulty parts.

taking my car for a spin today and it feels like whatever ive done so far did nothing. removed both the door panels again and tapped absolutely everything to make sure i heard no rattles, and its still there, so i guess im figuring out how to remove the side panels next.

taking my car for a spin today and it feels like whatever ive done so far did nothing. removed both the door panels again and tapped absolutely everything to make sure i heard no rattles, and its still there, so i guess im figuring out how to remove the side panels next.
have you tried microfibre cloths inbetween each and every gap?

Rattle sound travels - it might come from one place while you drive but it is actually coming from another place