Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin decoder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Bought a second hand model 3 and was wondering if it’s possible to look up info from the vin?
It’s a SR+ From December 2021.

Seller/dealer is closed for holiday so I won’t be in contact with him for a couple of weeks - getting the car delivered on the 5th of August.

Can anyone help with a lookup on the vin to see extra info, like what audio system the car has?

Hey everyone,

Bought a second hand model 3 and was wondering if it’s possible to look up info from the vin?
It’s a SR+ From December 2021.

Seller/dealer is closed for holiday so I won’t be in contact with him for a couple of weeks - getting the car delivered on the 5th of August.

Can anyone help with a lookup on the vin to see extra info, like what audio system the car has?
If its a Dec 2021 build it's probably the same as the current SR+. Look up specs on Tesla site like buying a new one. Also under touch screen software menu select additional vehicle information for a list of what it has.

If its a Dec 2021 build it's probably the same as the current SR+. Look up specs on Tesla site like buying a new one. Also under touch screen software menu select additional vehicle information for a list of what it has.
Probably right .. but I just seem to recall having seen some used teslas having premium audio - so I figured it was an extra option. Can’t seem to select any extra audio options on the tesla site…

When browsing through aftermarket websites I’ve found a couple of sellers who sell activation kits for unused speakers on the model 3, so I just wanted to check if all speakers are activated etc…

Probably right .. but I just seem to recall having seen some used teslas having premium audio - so I figured it was an extra option. Can’t seem to select any extra audio options on the tesla site…

When browsing through aftermarket websites I’ve found a couple of sellers who sell activation kits for unused speakers on the model 3, so I just wanted to check if all speakers are activated etc…
The touch screen will say of premium radio installed. For certain streaming services a premium subscription is needed.

There are no SR+ cars from tesla that are sold with premium audio. Some of them may have some of the additional speakers there, and some wont, but there is no vin decoder available that will tell you such things (unlike many other manufacturers).

There are a couple of online vin decoders I think but they wont be able to tell you stuff like that.

There are no SR+ cars from tesla that are sold with premium audio. Some of them may have some of the additional speakers there, and some wont, but there is no vin decoder available that will tell you such things (unlike many other manufacturers).

There are a couple of online vin decoders I think but they wont be able to tell you stuff like that.
Thanks for clarifying 😊
I see on some of the photos I have from the dealers listing that the speakers looks to be in place or at least the trim with speaker “cut-out” is present but don’t know if there’s any actual speaker there - if they effectively just use one headliner to cut costs during production..

I’ll have to wait until the 5th to find out

22C95DAE-BC1E-4FFE-8DE2-5749441D6996.jpeg