Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vintage Collectible Tesla-Korea CCS1 Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
Sure to increase in value. Genuine South Korea CCS Combo 1 adapter. Rare. Collectible. Like new. Hardly used; ever. In original Tesla-South Korea box (also collectible).

Asking $995 plus shipping. Compare with higher prices on eBay. (No trades.)

V. Box closed.jpg
W. Box with Adapter.jpg

(Special collectible Tesla part number - 1656565-10-A)

:) (Save this website. It's collectible.)

Last edited:
Asking $995 plus shipping. Compare with higher prices on eBay. (Sorry, no trades.)
Did you miss a decimal point??? Is that $9.95 your selling the CCS adapter for??? If so, count me in! I've already got mine from South Korea but if I can get one for cheap, I'll just sell mine on eBay.

Note: Sarcastic / comedic questions and intentions. Not actually going to go buy a CCS adapter for $995 OR $9.95.

• Funny
Reactions: tps5352
@RayK, I think I’ll let you explain things. Be gentle.
Okay, I'll try. @Revson: The OP, @tps5352, is posting a gag. The joke being that Tesla has now decided to release the CCS1 adapter here in the US for qualified owners, after we (OP, I and many others) went through the trouble of buying said CCS1 adapter from a middleman in South Korea. The hype about the adapter being "rare", "collectible" and available with the original South Korea box, is something akin to an eBay seller "pumping up" the details of some item being sold, with the desire (hope?) of it attracting some unaware (newbie?) buyer who thinks they are getting some sort of great deal.

With the release of the news earlier this week of Tesla finally getting around to offering CCS1 support (i.e., the adapter) here in the US, eBay sellers (re: scalpers) will probably see prices fall dramatically from the upper-three-figures that they thought the "market" could bear. I would say that most, if not all, of the members here that either performed the ECU swap and installed a wiring harness on their older cars, or who have recently produced cars that already have CCS1 support and just needed the adapter, are aware of this news.

@tps5352: How was that?

• Helpful
Okay, I'll try...

@tps5352: How was that?

Good. Thank you.

Yes, my sense of humor is not for everyone. (I still think my, "Give me stalks, or give me death," T-shirt idea was funny--if you are a Classic Model X fan, I guess. Or my "Crazy Tim's CCS1 adapter case sale." In actuality, no one thought it was funny and no one bought any cases.* So I have a whole warehouse of unsold Amazon mini-projector cases. [ In robot voice: Hello-friend--Can-I-interest-you-in-a-zippered-synthetic-polymer-mobile-containment-module?] I figure they'll end up going to relatives, friends, and complete strangers for wedding, birthday, bar mitzvah, and Christmas presents until around 2037.)

Oh, well. Such is life.
_____
* Harumio kept coming up with better alternatives.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayK
...With...Tesla finally getting around to offering CCS1...adapter) here in the US, eBay sellers (re: scalpers) will probably see prices fall dramatically from the upper-three-figures that they thought the "market" could bear....

Interestingly, while prices in general for used and new Tesla CCS1 adapters have seemingly dropped significantly on (USA) eBay (e.g., to as low as $150-$~200), there remain scattered efforts by some sellers to ask for significantly more than the Tesla retail price. (e.g., up to $700). And some recent sales have been high (e.g., to $1200).

I am unsure what to make of this. Perhaps people who are for some reason unable to purchase directly from Tesla; or who had a bad experience using the Tesla "Shop" page? Unclear.

Last edited:
Interestingly, while prices in general for used and new Tesla CCS1 adapters have seemingly dropped significantly on (USA) eBay (e.g., to as low as $150-$~200), there remain scattered efforts by some sellers to ask for significantly more than the Tesla retail price. (e.g., up to $700). And some recent sales have been high (e.g., to $1200). I am unsure what to make of this. Perhaps people who are for some reason unable to purchase directly from Tesla; or who had a bad experience using the Tesla "Shop" page? Unclear.
I've been on eBay for over 20 years. There are always outliers (sellers with Buy-it-now prices in the stratosphere) with most anything for sale that's not unique in some way. I treat them as fools who expect to make a killing with their item. I have even worse opinions for buyers who pay those prices (sorry).

As the common expression goes: There's one born every minute.

Edit: As I re-read this after posting, my comment could seem to be quite harsh. Yes, there may be some rare cases where a highly inflated BIN price on a rare or one-of-a-kind item may be no obstacle to a motivated buyer. Note that I'm talking about a high fixed price on the item and not a result of heavy bidding. That's a whole 'nother discussion....

Last edited:
  • Helpful