Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visiting and Supercharging in all of the lower 48 states!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, extremely impressive!

Say, if you like driving around to Supercharge in a lot of different places, you might be interested in this informal little competition we have here on TMC (basically...who can visit the most unique Superchargers?). Here's the competition Web site:

Here's the main discussion thread for the competition, along with instructions for getting started if you would like to join in:

There are no prizes except for bragging rights. This is open to all TMC members.

Bruce.

To complete it you need to go to Hyder Alaska. You can only supercharge as far as Prince George, you'll need a CCS or CHAdeMO adapter. Then you get some issues because the free fast charger at Boulder Creek is often out of service, but if you have a long range in particular you should be able to make it. You might want to stay overnight in Hyder or Stewart and charge with a TT-30 adapter at one of the RV parks, that will give you enough to get back. Plus do it in July and see the bears.

To complete it you need to go to Hyder Alaska. You can only supercharge as far as Prince George, you'll need a CCS or CHAdeMO adapter. Then you get some issues because the free fast charger at Boulder Creek is often out of service, but if you have a long range in particular you should be able to make it. You might want to stay overnight in Hyder or Stewart and charge with a TT-30 adapter at one of the RV parks, that will give you enough to get back. Plus do it in July and see the bears.
I would love to do it - the 'missus might not be so thrilled. Then again, she might....

I would love to do it - the 'missus might not be so thrilled. Then again, she might....
BC is an fantastic drive. In fact, if you like you can also do the Icefields Parkway in Alberta in one of the directions, thanks to the new supercharger in Jasper which was not there last year when I visited. The icefields parkway is one of the most scenic drives on the continent and not to be missed. But there's a ton of stuff in BC to see as well. Hyder is a tiny town but it also has a great bear viewing platform and a great glacier (I am told, I could not get there on my trip last year due to Covid border closures) but as I said, you will need to pause a while at the RV park to be safe unless you have a fresh long range. The rest of BC below that latitude is actually well supplied with charging if you have a CCS or CdM adapter. Of course you can't supercharge there. There is only one SC in Alaska and it's very hard to reach from the lower 48. They plan more but even those still won't have a land supercharging path until they decide to do the Alaska Or Cassiers highway. The Yukon has decent CCS, but the road between the Yukon and Alaska is currently challenging.

Reactions: Tinkerin and RCFLMA