Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command won’t open the glovebox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else seeing this? Works flawlessly on my 3...I get a response that the command is not available yet.
Is this for people without any fingers? :) yes, just tossing in a little sarcasm here. I haven't yet figured out how voice command for that feature will help me. I guess what I mean is that I have to push the button to give a voice command, so I might as well push the button to open the glove box. Just trying to give you a laugh, not insult anyone.

• Funny
Reactions: X-pilot
Is this for people without any fingers? :) yes, just tossing in a little sarcasm here. I haven't yet figured out how voice command for that feature will help me. I guess what I mean is that I have to push the button to give a voice command, so I might as well push the button to open the glove box. Just trying to give you a laugh, not insult anyone.
Well, technically you have to press TWO "buttons" doing it your way: one to get to the Quick controls and one on the Glovebox button.

Do you mean "take your eyes off the road and push the button on the screen, then take your eyes off the road again and push the button for the glovebox"?

Do you mean "take your eyes off the road and push the button on the screen, then take your eyes off the road again and push the button for the glovebox"?
Sounds like you are making an assumption that I have to do this twice. No, I only have one button to push on the dash, not the screen ;) BUT I will end this by saying you are assuming I am driving when I do this. Nope. There is nothing in that glove box that I need while driving.

If someone wants a voice command for this while driving, then it doesn't seem to make any sense because they are risking an accident by reaching in there to get something. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Klau2 and X-pilot
Sounds like you are making an assumption that I have to do this twice. No, I only have one button to push on the dash, not the screen ;) BUT I will end this by saying you are assuming I am driving when I do this. Nope. There is nothing in that glove box that I need while driving.

If someone wants a voice command for this while driving, then it doesn't seem to make any sense because they are risking an accident by reaching in there to get something. :)
Sorry, I thought you were comparing using the screen vs. using the voice command. I thought we were talking about the Model Y/3.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Sorry, I thought you were comparing using the screen vs. using the voice command. I thought we were talking about the Model Y/3.
No problem. ;) Yea, i guess the model 3 and Y works that way, but not the X. It might not be obvious that I mentioned the X in a previous post, but should have said it again.. I know this is the y forum, but sometimes people like to know the difference between cars. :)

Is there a list (unofficial) of "real soon now" voice commands to be?

Not that I know of. It would be nice to have. I published a list of voice commands for my VW back in the day but those were fixed and didn't get updated so it was pretty straightforward to build a comprehensive list of all voice commands have them documented.

For Telsa, I would imagine this would be nearly impossible to keep up to date and maintain with the frequency of the software updates they push out.

No problem. ;) Yea, i guess the model 3 and Y works that way, but not the X. It might not be obvious that I mentioned the X in a previous post, but should have said it again.. I know this is the y forum, but sometimes people like to know the difference between cars. :)
yes, the X /S has dedicated button for glove box. 3/Y doesn't. That's one thing I missed coming from an S. Some function is just better with physical buttons. Another thing I miss is the S, I can use the button on the wheel to answer or end phone call, can't do that w/ the Y.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert